Airbus has warned future investment in the UK could be under threat if Britain leaves the EU without a deal. Senior Vice President Katherine Bennett said a no-deal Brexit would be “absolutely catastrophic” for the aerospace firm. Meanwhile Theresa May plans to meet every European leader, begging them to let her renegotiate parts of her withdrawal agreement as the clock ticks down to March 29. Airbus announced last week that it would be stopping production of its super jumbo A380 aircraft. It said it had made the “painful” decision after struggling to sell the world’s largest passenger jet and after Emirates chose to slash its A380 order book by around a quarter. While the decision was unrelated to Brexit, Ms Bennett said the current political landscape is a major worry for business. Airbus chief executive Tom Enders has previously branded the Government’s handling of EU withdrawal a “disgrace” and said the company could pull out of the UK if Brexit undermines its ability to compete. The firm employs some 14,000 people across two plants in the UK, and supports tens of thousands more British jobs in the supply chain. Ms Bennett told the BBC “difficult decisions” will have to be… Read full this story
- End of the A380 superjumbo? Airbus warns future of plane at risk
- Airbus brands UK government handling of Brexit 'a disgrace'
- UK car industry and Airbus cautiously back PM’s Brexit deal
- CBI backs May's Brexit deal and says no deal would lead to shortages
- Brexit deal: Theresa May gives herself two weeks to win over MPs
- Michael Gove to remain in cabinet 'to help May sell Brexit deal'
- Airbus may leave UK unless there is urgent clarity on Brexit trade
- Brexit: Tory MPs warn of entryism threat from Leave.EU supporters
- Boris Johnson urges voters to back his 'oven-ready' Brexit deal as he kicks off the 2019 general election campaign with a MASSIVE 17 point poll lead over Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party
- This Brexit deal would be a disaster for innovators and entrepreneurs
Airbus warns future investment could be under threat if there's no Brexit deal have 337 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 17, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.