Four law enforcement deaths in 2018 have ignited debate on the Peninsula on the role of Tasers in policing and how officers should respond to mental health crises. A hearing on the issue is planned for Monday. By Scott Morris Chinedu Valentine Okobi, the 36-year-old son of Nigerian immigrants, was unarmed when he was stopped by a San Mateo County sheriff’s deputy in Millbrae on Oct. 3. Okobi, who grew up in San Francisco, had been walking in the 1300 block of El Camino Real at about 1 p.m. that day. The interaction between Aside from that, everything about what happened to Okobi is disputed. The sheriff’s office said in a statement that the deputy had been responding to reports that Okobi was “running in and out of traffic” and that he had immediately assaulted the deputy. Okobi was taken to a hospital, where he died, according to the sheriff’s office. But Okobi’s sister, Ebele Okobi, who has seen videos of the encounter, publicly accused the sheriff’s office of lying. According to her, The deputy then called for backup, according to Ebele Okobi. He sped across the street and cut off Chinedu Okobi as another patrol car arrived. Chinedu Okobi… Read full this story
- Myanmar elects Aung San Suu Kyi aide Win Myint as president
- 911 calls of teen who was crushed to death in van
- Teen’s harrowing 911 call while being slowly crushed to death by folding van seat over six hours
- Heartbreaking search
- Why FBI raid of Trump lawyer's office should leave president very worried, according to Fox News legal expert
- Parasailer’s horror injuries after rope snaps leaving her floating in a storm for an HOUR before plunging 200ft into an airport
- Baltimore police stopped noticing crime after Freddie Gray's death. A wave of killings followed.
- Death toll rises to 5 as California wildifre rages into its fourth day
- Death toll rises to 5 as California wildfire rages into its fourth day
- Death toll rises to 6 as California wildfire rages into its fourth day
A series of Taser deaths leaves San Mateo County searching for answers have 329 words, post on www.sfexaminer.com at February 11, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.