Popular on social media ‘There is no Europe without Ukraine,’ Tusk says in speech at Rada 2047 Election Watch: Ihor Smeshko runs to ‘end authoritarianism’ 667 After years on ice, Ukrainian mission to Antarctica gradually returns to life 517 Read the Kyiv Post’s Honesty History series published on June 15, 2018: Ukraine’s Orthodox Church battles for independence Read the Kyiv Post’s editorial published on Oct. 19, 2018: Bad Faith Ukrainian Orthodox churches are increasingly switching from the Russia-aligned Moscow Patriarchate to the newly formed Orthodox Church of Ukraine. Altogether, around 340 parishes of the former Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate have switched, according to Andriy Yurash, director of the Ukrainian Culture Ministry’s Religious Affairs and Nationalities Department. But, in many cases, the transition has not been finalized. “So far, not all parishes have received completed legal documents,” Yurash told Ukraine’s Channel 5 on Feb. 22. However, in all cases, “a meeting of the religious community took place” and “the process was witnessed.” Yurash expects more parishes to follow suit in coming months and says more would have abandoned the Moscow Patriarchate earlier had there not been “external factors,” implying obstruction from the Kremlin-loyal Moscow Patriarchate. “I am convinced that the… Read full this story
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church Breaks Away From Russian Influence
- Russian Orthodox Church issues warning to Orthodoxy’s leader
- Paris Churches and Organ Concerts: A Personal Discovery
- Pope Acknowledges Abuse Scandals Driving People From Church
- Why the Catholic Church Needs to be Classified as a Cult
- Abortion in Norway: church apologies for historic anti-choice stance
- Ukraine: Exit Poll Has Comedian Routing Incumbent President
- I’m a progressive feminist. So why can’t I leave the Catholic Church?
- White Juvenile Accused of Setting Black Church on Fire
- All Seven Deadly Sins Committed At Church Bake Sale
340 parishes reportedly join Orthodox Church of Ukraine have 286 words, post on www.kyivpost.com at February 22, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.