When millions of people woke up after New Years earlier this month, they probably thought, “This is it. The year I finally get in shape.” They were fired up, motivated, and ready to go. Trouble is, many of them likely thought the exact same thing last year. And the year before that. The problem with motivation is that it comes and goes. Some days, you feel invincible. Other days, you feel worse than Darth Vader without his lightsaber. “At moments of high motivation, you need to make specific plans about what you’re going to do in the future, when motivation will likely be lower,” says Angela Duckworth, Ph.D., a distinguished professor of psychology at the University of Pennsylvania, who studies grit and self-control. Nobody feels “motivated” all the time. If you’re serious about getting in shape and want to stay consistent this year, forget about trying to “get motivated” and do this instead.Don’t Wait for Motivation to Strike There are times when I can’t be bothered to go to the gym—and I’m a personal trainer. But whether I feel motivated or not, I still get the job done. That’s because I have something that’s far more important than motivation: discipline.When… Read full this story
- Lock up at-risk fatties ’til they lose weight, and start with me…
- Lockdown weight loss: "I lost 31 kilos with the ketogenic diet"
- Eamonn Holmes is left in shock after being told he could DIE if he doesn't lose weight ... just days after branding wife Ruth Langsford 'very fat'
- 'My mind-set has totally changed for the better and I get so many compliments!' How THIS diet plan helped one woman lose over 10kg (AND how she reversed her Type 2 diabetes!)
- DR MICHAEL MOSLEY: Why won't the NHS tell you the secret to treating diabetes is losing weight? (Clue: Because it costs nothing)
- 'He needs to lose weight or he'll end up dead': Katie Price reveals she padlocks the FRIDGE to try and stop 29 stone son Harvey, 18, from overeating
- Tips to ditch post pregnancy weight without exercising
- We don’t need no EdTech control
- Obese woman who was told she would DIE if she didn't lose weight shows off her INCREDIBLE transformation after undergoing 'life-saving' surgery that helped her to shed 150LBS
- AJ Pritchard EXCLUSIVE: Strictly star flaunts toned torso for hunky shirtless shoot and reveals weight training regime following nightclub attack (which STILL remains unsolved)
You Don’t Need Motivation to Lose Weight, You Need Discipline have 405 words, post on www.menshealth.com at January 15, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.