Liverpool will be in action on Monday, when they travel to Molineux to face Wolverhampton Wanderers in the FA Cup‘s third round.
The Reds got unlucky with their draw, as they face a solid Premier League side at such an early stage in the competition. Oddschecker shows bookmakers have them as the 17-20 favourites to advance, while Wolves come in at 7-2. A draw carries odds of 14-5.
Rest for the Reds?
Liverpool’s unbeaten start to the Premier League campaign finally came to an end in their most recent outing, as defending champions Manchester City ran out to a 2-1 win at the Etihad Stadium to decrease the gap at the top of the standings.
With four points separating the two, the Reds are in for a serious fight in the second half of the season. Add to that a UEFA Champions League last-16 tie with Bayern Munich, who ended the first half of the season on fire, and Liverpool suddenly have a lot on their plate.
Monday’s fixture could be the perfect opportunity for manager Jurgen Klopp to rest some of his key men. According to sports writer Chris Bascombe, there are indications the German plans on doing just that:
The FA Cup should not be a top priority for the Reds given their strong Premier League form and desire to win that trophy. The visit to Brighton & Hove on Saturday could prove tricky, so it might be a good idea to focus on that match instead.
WhoScored.com expects Klopp to stick with Virgil van Dijk and Dejan Lovren at the back on Monday, though, with injuries limiting his options.
Wolves have won just one of their past four Premier League outings and sit well behind the top teams in the race for a European ticket. They are far more likely to focus on the FA Cup and have received a major boost with the return of star attacker Diogo Jota, who is on pace to start:
The likes of Daniel Sturridge and Simon Mignolet have impressed during their limited opportunities this season, and even if Klopp rotates his squad, the Reds have a solid chance of advancing. Wolves have an excellent team, however, and this could be a cracking game.
Prediction: Wolves 2-3 Liverpool
- UFC Fight Night 164 start time -- Jan Blachowicz vs. Jacare Souza: Fight card, odds, live stream, predictions
- Queens doubles final FREE: Live stream, TV channel, and start time for Andy Murray and Feliciano Lopez vs Joe Salisbury and Rajeev Ram
- UFC Fight Night 164: Blachowicz vs. Jacare preview, fight card, India time and TV info
- Ind Vs NZ World Cup Semi-Final 1: Bollywood & TV celebs cheer for Team India, send good wishes!
- West Ham vs Tottenham women FREE: Live stream, TV channel, kick off time, and team news for the London Stadium clash
- Croatia vs Slovakia: Live stream, TV channel, kick-off time, and team news for Euro 2020 clash
- Argentina vs. Brazil: Live stream, TV channel, international friendly match prediction, pick, watch online
- England vs Cameroon FREE: TV channel, live stream, kick-off time and team news for Women’s World Cup last-16 clash
- IND vs AFG, ICC World Cup 2019: When and where to watch LIVE telecast, live streaming
- IND Vs ENG, ICC World Cup 2019: When And Where To Watch LIVE Telecast, Live Streaming
Wolves vs. Liverpool: FA Cup 2019 Odds, Live Stream, TV Info have 575 words, post on bleacherreport.com at January 6, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.