The Golden Globes producers thought they could usher Regina King off the stage as she accepted her award for Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture for If Beale Street Could Talk, but they were wrong. As the orchestra started to play her off, King brought up progress in the Time’s Up movement, and said that within the next two years she will ensure that all projects she produces will be staffed by 50 percent women. The music faded out as King called for systemic change in Hollywood and beyond, and you can watch the video of the Globes producers learning their lesson above.
- Christian Bale’s ‘fake’ Cockney accent confuses fans at the Golden Globes
- Ricky Gervais Goes Soft, and Other Observations From the Golden Globes
- Vulture Live-Blogs the Golden Globes
- Let Regina King Channel Her Mom
- Donald Trump Looms Large At Golden Globe Awards
- Meryl Streep Calls Out Donald Trump for Mocking Disabled Reporter in Riveting Golden Globes Speech
- Give Meryl Streep an Emmy for Her Incredible Anti-Trump Golden Globes Speech
- Regina King Would ‘Absolutely’ Sign Up for
- We played Crusader Kings 2 in real life and it got weird
The Golden Globes Tried to Play Regina King Off During Her Speech, But It Didn’t Work have 183 words, post on www.vulture.com at January 6, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.