Trevor McDonald's documentary on Fred and Rose West was pulled from ITV's schedule at the last minute due to 'legal reasons'.
ITV had scheduled the highly anticipated documentary, titled Fred and Rose West: The Real Story, at 9pm today (Thursday), however it was replaced with another of McDonald's documentaries instead.
A tweeted statement issued by the channel read: 'Tonight's advertised documentary has been postponed for legal reasons and the film will be scheduled for a later date. Instead another chance to watch Death Row with Trevor McDonald.'
Metro.co.uk contacted ITV, who stated the show was pulled for legal reasons but will air at a later date.
The statement, which was released shortly after the programme was due to air, angered viewers who had tuned in specifically to watch the documentary.
'Seriously? It took you until it was supposed to be on tv for you to announce it won't be shown? Surely if it's been postponed for legal reasons you'd have known about it before. Disappointed is an understatement,' one potential viewer shot back at the channels social site.
Another disgruntled fans added they considered is 'unfair to the channel's fans', while others questioned why it was left until the last minute in order to be pulled.
In the documentary, a former lodger of the twisted serial killers was due to be seen on screen to discuss what they saw during their time with the family.
Among their known victims were two of the Wests' own children.
To this day, Fred and Rose West still manage to hold the nation's attention, with Rose West making headlines every time she appeals her sentence or stories of her time in prison emerge, such as of her baking Victoria Sponge cakes.
Fred killed himself shortly after being charged with the murders while being held in Birmingham prison.
The documentary is due to be rescheduled at a later date.
Got a showbiz story?
- ‘Zappa’: 11 Things We Learned From the Long-Awaited Authorized Documentary
- Ingraham: Democrats want to 'shame you' into canceling holiday plans
- 'We will bring legal action to protect New Yorkers': Gov Cuomo threatens to sue Trump administration if the president blocks distribution of a COVID vaccine to his state
- Princess Diana's brother Earl Spencer says he 'made his mind up on Martin Bashir a long time ago' over 'appalling' Panorama scandal - and calls for warning before The Crown episodes to say it's not true
- Trump trolls Cuomo by saying the delay in New York getting the vaccine is because he's 'playing politics' and other states want it NOW - as huge lines form at Manhattan testing centers
- The 55 best shows on BBC iPlayer to watch right now
- SXSW Unveils Lineup Of Midnighters, Festival Favorites, Shorts, Episodic Pilots And More
- Finding Fury: The Royals were 'hopping mad' over Megxit and Prince William was 'so furious with Harry that he wouldn't meet him before the Sandringham summit', as a devastating new book lays bare the truth about a rift as damaging as the Abdication
- Harry and William will hate The Crown's 'grotesque and deeply unfair' portrayal of their parents - but Harry has now stepped into a 'bear trap' with his lucrative deal with Netflix, royal experts warn
- Has The Crown lost all credibility? As new series claims Thatcher's Falklands War decision was 'emotional', Charles and Diana were NEVER happy and even appears sympathetic to the IRA, we sort fact from fiction
- The Untouchables: An Investigation into the Violence of the Chicago Police
- All the Verzuz Battles, Ranked
- How Emmy-Winning ‘The Cave’ Director Feras Fayyad Became Embroiled In An Alleged Danish #MeToo Scandal
- What a way to run a country! The hatreds, tears and tantrums behind the ousting of Dominic Cummings revealed - and the 'victory party' thrown by Carrie Symonds to celebrate
- Andrew Marr warns The Crown's 'grossly unfair' and 'sadistic' portrayals of the Royal Family could harm the monarchy - and demands Netflix adds a disclaimer warning viewers 'it's fiction'
- Will HARRY flee the UK too? Prince plans to follow his wife after she jetted back to Canada after leaving Archie with nanny and best friend - amid 'abdication' crisis talks with the Queen, Charles and William
- 'Who knows who'll be in charge': Donald Trump ALMOST acknowledges defeat but stops himself from saying the words 'Biden administration' in first address to the nation since he lost the election
- 52 of the best TV shows to binge-watch on Netflix
- Time’s up for Donald Trump …and smug-bucket panel show jokers
- Peter Sutcliffe coronavirus death – live updates as Yorkshire Ripper dies ALONE 40 years after bloody reign of terror
Mystery as Fred and Rose West documentary cancelled by ITV at last minute for ‘legal reasons’ have 883 words, post on metro.co.uk at January 31, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.