Lupita Nyong’o says Taylor Swift’s ‘Shake It Off’ helped her through a “hard time professionally”.
The ‘Black Panther’ star was stuck in a “funk” over something in her work life, but as soon as her friend played her the song, they started dancing and it acted as a release for the 35-year-old actress.
Speaking after a screening of her new movie ‘Little Monsters’ at the Sundance Film Festival on Tuesday (29.01.19), she recalled: “I was going through a hard time professionally, and I was just in a funk.
“I was working abroad, and my best friend came to cheer me up. He played ‘Shake It Off’ on his phone, and we just had a dance party in my bedroom.”
Lupita’s school teacher character Miss Caroline sing alongs to the 2014 hit on the ukulele in the forthcoming zombie apocalypse movie, and the ‘Us’ star even managed to get Taylor, 29, to personally clear the track after the team behind comedy-horror were struggling to get the rights.
She added: “It meant a lot to me that this film had that [song].
“And so when I heard that they were having a hard time [getting the rights] I wrote Taylor Swift myself and asked her, and told her that story. And she said yes!”
Lupita is joined by Josh Gad, Charlie Whitley and Alexander England in the film.
The latter portrays washed-up musician Dave, who joins his nephew’s school trip after taking a shine to his teacher (Lupita), but he has to compete for her affections with famous TV personality Teddy McGiggle (Josh).
However, that is the least of their worries when a zombie outbreak threatens to put everyone’s lives in danger.
- Deranged Taylor Swift Fans Attack Tina Fey and Amy Poehler on Twitter
- Has Taylor Swift's Lawyer Threatened You? Let Us Know!
- The ‘Creepy’ Dude Who Trolled Taylor Swift Says He Wasn't Trolling
- Superfan Hopes To Meet Taylor Swift At Gillette Stadium
- Dear Taylor Swift: If you REALLY believe in women supporting women, here's what you should do.
- Taylor Swift Sued Over Gaming App The Swift Life
- Taylor Swift teases her special edition Instax camera in three videos
- A List of Things I’d Rather See Taylor Swift Cover Than Earth, Wind & Fire’s ‘September’
- Taylor Swift & Karlie Kloss Lovingly Instagrammed Their BFF Road Trip
- 49 unanswered questions about Kim Kardashian's leaked Taylor Swift call
- Taylor Swift helps Alibaba plug world’s biggest shopping spree
- Taylor Swift Delivers Fans’ Pregnancy News
- 'Uptown Funk' has been on the Top 40 charts for a year. A YEAR.
- Lupita Nyong'o's Skin Color Is Not a Trend
- Selfie Loathing: Lupita Nyong'o Even Looks Amazing in a Bathrobe
- Lupita Nyong’o Hopes to Inspire Dark-Skinned Girls Through Children’s Book Set to Come Out in 2019
- British Airways In-Flight Magazine Apparently Thinks Lupita Nyong’o Is Actually From Wakanda
- Lupita Nyong’o Embraces Dark Beauty in Black Women in Hollywood Acceptance Speech
- Haiti: How You Can Help
- Grapevine: Rose McGowan speaks about Bourdain's death, said he reached out for help
Lupita Nyong'o helped out of 'funk' by Taylor Swift have 492 words, post on www.kpcnews.com at January 30, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.