In 2013, Lohan was famously interviewed by Winfrey about being an addict for TV series Oprah's Next Chapter after spending 90 days in court-ordered rehab.
The actor and businesswoman has now opened up about how Winfrey has influenced her outlook over the past few years.
While appearing on the aftershow for her new MTV reality show Lindsay Lohan's Beach Club , Lohan spoke to her Mean Girls co-star Jonathan Bennett about how Winfrey helped her get her life back on track.
"I think Oprah really gave me a different perspective on life," she said, according to People .
"I was tired of being there for everyone and taking care of everyone and just wanted to be there for myself and be okay with being alone. It's okay to be alone."
Lindsay Lohan's Beach Club is the second reality show Lohan has taken part in, having starred in an eight-part documentary series called Lindsay in 2014, which aired on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
During her 2013 interview with Lohan, Winfrey spoke about how alcohol addiction is often "a symptom of something else that's going wrong in your life that needs healing, because you're using that to cover up or to repress".
The actor responded to this statement by explaining that her recovery from alcohol addiction has been a difficult process due to the impact of her "chaotic" childhood.
Lohan's new reality show follows The Parent Trap star as she manages a beach club in Mykonos in Greece, having previously opened a nightclub in Athens in 2016.
The actor revealed she's invited Winfrey for a visit to the beach club, although she's unsure whether the media executive will take her up on her offer.
"I talk to her. I actually invited Oprah to come to the beach club next summer, so let's see if she bites," Lohan told Hollywood Reporter .
"I would love to have her come and see it. It would really mean a lot to me."
Lohan recently said she'd be on board to star in a Mean Girls sequel should the opportunity arise.
The actor told Variety she's suggested the prospect of a second film "so many times", and she thinks the cast would "have so much fun doing it".
- Remember When Lindsay Lohan Was a Pop Star?
- Jail Brings Samantha Ronson and Lindsay Lohan Together
- Chloe Madeley reveals weightlifting 'saved her life' as she admits that 'demons were coming back' during her honeymoon with James Haskell because she wasn't working out
- The Masked Singer Australia: Second celebrity revealed
- Do You Really Want a Long-term Relationship?
- A life on the run
- Great British Bake Off's Nadiya Hussain reveals she was sexually abused when she was five by a relative in Bangladesh
- Paedophile football coach Barry Bennell jailed for 30 years as judge tells him he 'appeared as God...but was devil incarnate'
- Santa Claus IS coming to town! From a 15ft trampoline to Disney goodies, FEMAIL reveals the presents that will make Christmas magical for kids (with prices starting at just £10)
- Jailyard rapper who had a $1500-a-day heroin habit reveals how he managed to quit cold turkey behind bars - and says he hasn’t craved drugs in 12 years
- Boris Johnson to call Iran in wake of comments about jailed Briton
- Wife killer thought he had committed perfect murder but his socks gave him away
- Do the deal! Poll reveals Britain wants MPs to stop the delay and back Boris Johnson today after his Brexit breakthrough
- EXCLUSIVE: Jeffrey Epstein's prison suicide 'counselor' describes pedophile's desperate last days, revealing he was so terrified he wanted to pay a black inmate for protection and was overheard ripping up sheets the night he hanged himself
- Serial rapist Joseph McCann given 33 life sentences for attacks on 11 women and children
- Inside Felicity Huffman's Plan to Rebuild Her Life
- Kevin Hart Says He Has a "Completely Different Look on Life" After Back Injury
- ’s All-Female Directors on How the Show Gave Them Their First TV Jobs
- Full depravity of Barry Bennell revealed: Paedophile coach swapped victims with other abusers and made grooming trips to Manchester United
- Oliver Stone on the Snowden who graced Ars’ forums: “Now he’s a different man”
Lindsay Lohan reveals how Oprah gave her a ‘different perspective on life’ after jail term have 767 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at January 9, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.