Milosz Trytko thought he would miss his birthday completely when he was taken to hospital with severe abdominal pain – but he didn’t bargain for the inventiveness of the Horton children’s ward staff.
The 12-year-old Banbury boy was given a special celebration in a small party with unique hospital ‘birthday cards’ – cardboard waste bowls saying ‘happy birthday’ and decorated with inflated surgical gloves.
The doctors and nurses also gave Milosz – a year seven pupil at North Oxfordshire Academy – an activity book and pencils.
“The doctors and nurses gave me something to ease the pain and I was sleepy and tired. I was half asleep when a nurse put these things on my bed. It was really nice,” he said.
Mum Katarzyna went on the Banburyshire Info Facebook page and said: “We would like to thank the team at Horton Hospital for a wonderful, amazing birthday party and hand-made presents for our son who needed urgent medical assistance on Thursday – his birthday.
“You have enchanted my son’s world like real wizards from Harry Potter. Special thanks to two wonderful nurse-magicians, and an elderly gentleman whose name unfortunately we do not know, for a birthday gift – a flashlight.
“Even the doctors at JR Oxford Hospital who later took over our son’s care were impressed. You are fantastic. Bless you.”
Dad Piotr Trytko said: “Milosz was taken in for the second time in two weeks with a serious stomach ache but it was his birthday.
“We had planned a party at home but we had to abandon that. Instead the staff helped him have a small party on the ward. He was released the following evening in time for the weekend and he has been referred to the JR in Oxford for further investigations.”
- How to Make a Birthday Gift Basket for Teens
- How To Make Money Selling Special Reports Online
- Fun Thanksgiving Decorations That Make Your Holiday Special
- Making Your Party Special With Unique Party Favors
- What Makes A Blanket Special?
- Children Savings Accounts - Making the Best Decisions Now for Your Child's Future
- Mobile Phone For Beloved - Make Her Feel Special
- Make Someone Feel Special With Flower Delivery
- My Unique Wedding - Make Your Day Special
- Personalized Baby Gifts - Make Them Extra Special