Motoring by Press Association 23/01/2019, 1:21 pm Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter Car insurance can often be expensive and problematic for young drivers — but money-saving guru Martin Lewis has offered motorists advice on saving hundreds of pounds on their premiums. Speaking on ITV’s This Morning, Lewis highlighted timing as the key factor in getting a cheaper insurance deal. He said: “It’s all about the date when you get your renewal – 21 days beforehand. “It’s not exact for everyone, but it shows how timing it can make a big difference for everyone. When it comes to car insurance, be the early bird who catches the worm.” Along with suggesting young motorists opt for comprehensive cover over third-party policies, the founder of MoneySavingExpert.com suggested adding a more experience named driver to the cover, saying: “Adding an extra driver can cut your costs – it’s especially useful for younger drivers”. Lewis also highlighted how experimenting with a job description can save money too — as long as it’s within reason. For instance, setting your job as a marketing director when you’re a retail worker can be grounds for fraud — but a journalist could describe themselves… Read full this story
- Best Car Insurance 2020 - Why Drivers Should Compare Car Insurance Quotes Online
- Car Insurance 2020 Strategies: Providing Proper Maintenance Will Help Drivers Get Cheaper Car Insurance
- Car Insurance 2020 New Guide: What Are The Most Valuable Car Insurance Discounts
- Car Insurance 2020 New Guide: What Is GAP Insurance And Why Drivers Should Buy It
- Car Insurance Guide 2020: What Are The Main Topics Covered By Defensive Driving Courses
- Cheap Car Insurance 2020: Drivers With Tight Budget Should Use Online Car Insurance Quotes
- Car Insurance 2020 Guide: Why Are Car Insurance Quotes So Important?
- Worst jobs for car insurance costs - from footballers to minimum wage workers
- Car Insurance Guide 2020: How To Avoid Car Repair Shop Scams
- New Safety Gizmos Are Making Car Insurance More Expensive
Here’s how young drivers can save hundreds on their car insurance have 322 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at January 23, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.