0 Post a comment Saturday, 12 January 2019 – Golf by Contributed Item – Contributed Item @twitter.com/gem_news [email protected] The first Sunday of January is always reserved for the traditional ‘Captain’s Drive-in’ at St Athan Golf Club and the members were fortunate that the recent easterly winds had diminished for the day. As is customary, Liz Thomas relinquished the captain’s jacket and presented it to Gerald Thomas, who takes the helm throughout the coming year, assisted by newly appointed vice-captain Luke Sloan.Gerald appeared relaxed on the tee and impressed his fellow golfers with a magnificent drive down the first fairway, resulting in Gary James being the lucky recipient of a bottle of whisky for correctly estimating where the captain’s ball would come to rest.With the formalities completed, the Pee Wee competition was then played in high spirits with a four-ball-better-ball captain versus vice-captain format. Several players were competing in this event for the first time and they were delighted, albeit surprised, to find that their new captain had strategically placed various bottles of spirits around the course; they were assured by long-standing members that it was purely medicinal in enabling them to maintain a constant body temperature throughout the competition!Since the… Read full this story
- Buying Golf Clubs For Kids - Tips to Purchasing Your Kids a Golf Club Set
- Golf Clubs - Purchasing The Best For Your Game?
- Buying Golf Clubs - Not A Penny More, Not A Penny Less, Just What You Want
- Discounted Golf Clubs
- Online Custom Fit Golf Clubs - The Next Generation
- Avoid Ill Fitted Golf Clubs
- Hybrid Golf Clubs - The New Hype?
- How to Shop For New Golf Clubs - Five Things to Remember When Looking For Golf Equipment
- Golf Club Tips - How To Choose The Right Flex
- Golf Club Brands For Beginners - 3 Choices, Choose The Best!
Gerald gets his revenge at St Athan Golf Club have 313 words, post on www.llantwit-major-today.co.uk at January 12, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.