Forget the roast turkey’s and KFC gravy, Britain has a new takeaway tradition – and it’s all thanks to Domino’s. The pizza chain has just revealed that on the Friday before Christmas it broke all records – delivering a record 535,000 pizzas to hungry families up and down the land. Domino’s chief executive David Wild said: “Many families decided to kick off the festive season with a Domino’s, with the Friday before Christmas breaking all records as we sold more than 535,000 pizzas – equivalent to 12 every second.” The chain, which opened 59 new stores with 2,000 new jobs in the UK and Ireland last year, is shrugging off the struggling high street and flat-lining economy, and continues to grow. UK sales are up 6% overall and 4.5% on a like-for-like basis. Online sales in the UK were up 10.8% – taking them to 80.1% of all sales in the last three months of the year. As well as Christmas, the night of the Strictly Come Dancing Final, Saturday 15th December, saw a new online record set with sales up 25% compared to the same day the prior year. But that didn’t win overall. “During our biggest ever week, we… Read full this story
- Christmas Traditions You May (or May Not) Wish to Celebrate
- Woolworths has released 60 new Christmas food items
- Thomas Rhett Drops Two New Christmas Songs, Including the Original 'Christmas in the Country'
- Free to go? Julian Assange celebrates with a £12.99 Domino's pizza after police end their 24-hour watch at the embassy where he fled three years ago... so will he now walk out?
- Domino’s Pizza splurges £7m on stockpiling toppings for a No Deal Brexit
- Domino’s to sell 115 overseas branches – but plans to open more UK stores this year
- The Hallmark Channel’s Countdown To Christmas movie event is a guilt-free holiday indulgence
- Chevy and Dominos have partnered up to let you order pizza directly from your car
- Domino's partners with robotics company Nuro to bring 'autonomous pizza delivery' to Houston
- My Christmas rituals: 21 celebrities reveal what they do on 25 December
Domino's delivers a pizza every 12 seconds as new Christmas tradition is born have 331 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 29, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.