Democrats to probe whether Trump told lawyer to lie to Congress BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Senior Democrats have pledged to investigate a report that Donald Trump directed his personal lawyer to lie to Congress about negotiations over a real estate project in Moscow during the 2016 election. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/democrats-to-probe-whether-trump-told-lawyer-to-lie-to-congress-37725241.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/article37725239.ece/b7bf7/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_d11c1157-2af6-4f4f-b13b-cd38040aafa4_1 Email Senior Democrats have pledged to investigate a report that Donald Trump directed his personal lawyer to lie to Congress about negotiations over a real estate project in Moscow during the 2016 election. House Intelligence Committee chairman Adam Schiff said “we will do what’s necessary to find out if it’s true”. He said the allegation that the president directed Michael Cohen to lie in his 2017 testimony to Congress “in an effort to curtail the investigation and cover up his business dealings with Russia is among the most serious to date”. The chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Jerrold Nadler of New York, said directing a subordinate to lie to Congress is a federal crime. “The @HouseJudiciary Committee’s job is to get to the bottom of it, and we will do that work,” Mr Nadler tweeted. The report by BuzzFeed News, citing two unnamed law enforcement officials, said that Mr Trump directed Cohen to… Read full this story
- House to interview fired NY prosecutor probing Trump allies
- Trump’s re-election ‘would be the end of American democracy’ because of his ‘lying, cheating and division’, niece claims
- Trump rages 'not fair' and vows to fight to keep his taxes secret after Supreme Court rules 7-2 that prosecutors CAN subpoena his returns and he is NOT above the law - but nobody is likely to see them any time soon
- Trump commutes longtime friend Roger Stone's prison sentence
- Roger Stone says Trump may have 'saved his life' by commuting his sentence and thanks his friend of 40 years after president said he was a victim of the Russia 'hoax' and is now 'a free man'
- Donald Trump steps up hints at pardoning Roger Stone before he reports to prison - then suggests Barack Obama and Joe Biden should be in jail
- Donald Trump defends commuting Roger Stone's prison sentence with attack on 'deep state' enemies - as dirty trickster is revealed to have also escaped a $20,000 fine and four years probation
- Juan Williams: We must not become numb to Trump's abnormality
- Roger Stone: Critics blast Trump for commuting ex-adviser's jail term
- Mueller considered speaking up earlier against Trump and Barr's attacks, sources say
Democrats to probe whether Trump told lawyer to lie to Congress have 429 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at January 18, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.