Bad news, Criminal Minds fans – the long-running whodunit procedural will be coming to an end this year.
The cast and crew of the show has confirmed that their upcoming 15 th season will be their last, but have promised that it will be 'epic'.
Can we expect anything less from this show?
Hey, #CriminalMinds fans—we’ve got big news. First, mark your calendar for the Season 14 finale, Feb 6 at 10/9c. Next, get ready for a momentous ride: Season 15 will be our epic final season. pic.twitter.com/7ASK0pgf2n
— Criminal Minds (@CrimMinds_CBS) January 11, 2019
Criminal Minds has been on the air for more than a decade, and has become one of the ultimate faves for sofa sleuths who want to wind down of an evening.
Sharing a picture from the set of the season 14 finale, the official Twitter page posted a statement that confirmed the news and said: 'Hey, #CriminalMinds fans — we've got big news. First, mark your calendar for the Season 14 finale, Feb 6 at 10/9c.
'Next, get ready for a momentous ride: Season 15 will be our epic final season.'
Speaking about the decision to end the show, CBS EVP for current programmes Amy Reisenbach revealed to Deadline: 'We wanted to make sure Erica had the time and ability to write a season (14) finale that honours the characters and the fans.
'We discussed wanting to keep the show in continuous production so 10 [episodes] felt like the right number for us to roll straight into and give Erica enough episodes to end the series the way she wanted to.'
The show currently airs on Sky Witness in the UK, and has been on the air since 2005 – so it's fair to say that it's had a pretty good running.
Catch Criminal Minds on Sky Witness.
Got a showbiz story?
- These are the 100 best seasons of TV in the 21st century
- Pc Benjamin Monk jailed for eight years for killing Dalian Atkinson
- The amateur sleuth who searched for a body - and found one
- Teenager who copied Breaking Bad by trying to destroy a man’s body with acid after stabbing him is guilty of murder
- Netflix: The 50 best TV series to binge-watch this week
- Chubby and the Gang’s Radical Rock & Roll Kicks
- Everything we know about the 1,000+ hours of original content coming to Netflix in 2017
- 2021 Summer Movie Preview: Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy You Can (Maybe) Watch in Theaters
- Cynthia Nixon Thinks You’re Underestimating Her
- The top 100 thrillers of all time, according to critics
- Is Stop-and-Frisk Worth It?
- How to Live in a Climate ‘Permanent Emergency’
- Summer of '69: When Charles Manson Scared the Hell Out of Hollywood - E! Online
- Inside the Undying Fascination With Sharon Tate: Destined for Stardom, Doomed to Be a Legend - E! Online
- 'This Week' Transcript 7-4-21: Jeff Zients, Gov. Jim Justice & Gen. Austin 'Scott' Miller
Criminal Minds is being killed off and will end after season 15 have 549 words, post on metro.co.uk at January 11, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.