LAS VEGAS – What can a company do to make a new TV look really cool and different?
How about making it transparent, so it blends into the wall and shows nothing but what’s behind it when no video is being displayed.
The new Samsung Window TV, which is debuting at the 2019 edition of the Consumer Electronics Show, is one of 31 winners of the “Innovation Awards,” which are given out on the eve of CES.
Every year, the Consumer Technology Association, which puts on CES, selects products it deems the best of the best, in categories ranging from TVs, computer accessories and home appliances to just all around general innovative tech.
The rules are that the items have to be released commercially between April 2018 and April 2019.
Other Innovation Award highlights:
—Watergen Atmospheric water generator. A water cooler for the home or office that can generate drinking water from air, as in without plumbing. No word from the Israel-based company on a price tag, but it appears to be aimed at businesses.
—CoCoon: The French company BeeLife has come up with a digital beehive, a box that can be monitored remotely via a smartphone app, to “help bees to live longer, harvest more honey and live in a healthy place.”
—SkinTrack Wearable Patch: Cosmetics giant L’Oréal has a new wearable to track UV rays, a follow-up to the recently released My Skin Track UV necklace.
—Lenovo YogaBook C930. A combination $1,000 laptop, notebook and e-reader that was released in 2018.
—Oticon KAIZN hearing aid. The smartphone app talks to Oticon hearing aids (which start at $1,600) and uses artificial intelligence to optimize the experience and automatically adjust settings based on prior usage.
—LG V40 ThinQ smartphone. Another 2018 release, an Android smartphone with five camera lenses.
—Tetra Dishwasher: No plumbing required on this compact dishwasher that targets people who live in small places. The company says items like tableware, wine glasses and baby bottles can be cleaned in minutes using a gallon of water. The Tetra was introduced at the 2018 CES but is just now being released to the public.
—Aquio Waterproof: A water bottle with a built-in Bluetooth speaker, from iHome
—Universal laptop wireless charger, different from many charging products in that it can update a computer wirelessly. From Energy Square.
- CES 2019 won’t be a big leap forward for TVs. Here’s why
- CES 2019: AT&T works with Las Vegas on smart cities tech
- Sprint rounds out CES 2019 with 5G call
- Robots, poop sensors and dog food cannons: The bold new tech of CES 2019
- CES 2019: The biggest 5G news
- Best TVs of CES 2019: the best TVs we laid our eyes on in Las Vegas
- CES 2019: Dell announces the Inspiron 7000, updates Alienware devices
- The best laptops of CES 2019: the top notebooks we've seen at Vegas
- Best of CES 2019: Cool tech you can buy this year
- CES 2019: The ‘perfected’ Dell XPS 13
- CES 2019: Las Vegas and Los Angeles see 5G as a game changer for smart cities
- CES 2019: Telstra CEO Andy Penn talks 5G smartphones
- CES 2019: Telstra confirms 5G smartphones by mid-2019
- CES 2019: First look at the Samsung 5G smartphone
- Best Smart Home Tech of CES 2019: the coolest IoT gadgets we saw in Las Vegas
- CES 2019: Intel details autonomous vehicle trial in Israel
- LG readies high-end Dolby Atmos sound bars with Google Assistant for CES 2019
- CES 2019: 5G, AI, design and data collide
- CES 2019: Intel unveils 10nm PC products for AI and 5G
- CES 2019: Samsung announces 5G smartphone sneak peek
CES 2019: 31 'Innovation' winners, highlighted by transparent Samsung TV have 579 words, post on www.pnj.com at January 1, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.