16 January 2019 • 9:37am Vote of no confidence in Government to be held at 7pm Theresa May on course to survive after DUP pledge support Andrea Leadsom guarantees Article 50 will not be extended Prime Minister’s Brexit deal crushed by 432 votes to 202 118 Tory MPs rebel against Theresa May: How did your MP vote? Who could replace May as next Tory leader and Prime Minister? What happens next after the Brexit vote and will PM quit? How a vote of no confidence works – and could Labour win? Sign up: Brexit Whatsapp updates and all-new Brexit Bulletin Theresa May faces a vote of no confidence in her Government today after her Brexit deal was crushed as Andrea Leadsom guaranteed ministers will not seek an extension to Article 50. The Prime Minister suffered the worst defeat in parliamentary history as her Brexit agreement was rejected by a majority of 230 votes on Tuesday night. The scale of the loss appeared to significantly increase the chances of Britain seeking an extension to the two year Article 50 period as Downing Street last night refused to rule out delaying the UK’s withdrawal from the EU. But Mrs Leadsom, the Commons Leader and leading Brexiteer, moved on Wednesday morning… Read full this story
- No-deal Brexit 'legally possible even after no-confidence vote'
- Brexit latest news: Boris Johnson’s second bid to call general election fails as parliament prorogued
- Business secretary Andrea Leadsom calls the UK fracking ban 'disappointing' and insists it is only TEMPORARY until new technology reduces earthquake risk
- Article 50 bill: May sees off attempt to give MPs veto over Brexit deal
- Vince Cable calls Lib Dems' pledge to revoke article 50 'a distraction'
- Amazon Air provider hit with 'no confidence' vote as holiday shipping ramps up
- News updates from Hindustan Times at 5 PM | ‘Evil plan exposed’: Amarinder Singh on Pak minister’s Kartarpur remarks and all the latest news at this hour
- News updates from Hindustan Times at 9 pm: ‘Happy to breathe air of freedom’, says Chidambaram on exiting Tihar and all the latest news at this hour
- From Maastricht to Article 50, what 10 era-defining parliamentary votes tell us about today’s no-deal stand-off
- Labour exploring rapid September no-confidence vote in Boris Johnson
Brexit latest news: Theresa May on course to win no confidence vote as Andrea Leadsom guarantees Article 50 will not be extended have 361 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at January 16, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.