Democratic US representative Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii will run for president in 2020, becoming the latest member of her party to pursue a challenge to Republican President Donald Trump. “I have decided to run and will be making a formal announcement within the next week,” Gabbard, a liberal 37-year-old Iraq War veteran as well as the first Hindu and first Samoan-American elected to the US Congress, told CNN. US Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts on December 31 announced she had formed an exploratory committee for a White House run in what is expected to be a crowded Democratic primary field before the November 2020 presidential election. Ms Gabbard said “the issue of war and peace” would be the main focus of her campaign. Chlorine gas attack against civilians in Aleppo – reports Syria’s ‘dirty war’ almost over, Assad regime says Syria ‘clearly’ still using chemical weapons – US The Democratic presidential field could eventually include Senators Kamala Harris, Cory Booker and Kirsten Gillibrand, as well as former Vice President Joe Biden. Julian Castro, former President Barack Obama’s housing secretary, also formed an exploratory committee in December. In the race to pick a candidate to run against Mr Trump, Democrats will… Read full this story
- Kamala Harris Campaign Blames Russia for Humiliation by Tulsi Gabbard
- Six Times Tulsi Gabbard Tangled with Kamala Harris
- Tulsi Gabbard, Other 2020 Candidates Bid Kamala Harris Farewell
- Poll: Kamala Harris Plummets to 1% with Black Democrats After Tulsi Gabbard Takedown
- Lots of House Members Are Eyeing a 2020 Presidential Bid. History Says It’s a Long Shot.
- Trump Campaign Mocks Kamala Harris Dropping Out: ‘Congratulations Tulsi Gabbard!’
- Former US Democratic Congressman Joe Sestak Announces 2020 Presidential Bid
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Kamala Harris, out of money, drops presidential bid
- Bullock squashes talk of Senate run after presidential bid
- Kamala Harris ends her presidential bid
Assad-supporting Democrat Tulsi Gabbard announces presidential bid have 294 words, post on www.newshub.co.nz at January 13, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.