A new report from THR states that Ben Affleck may be 100 percent out as Batman and a new actor will be cast before the end of the year. The film will reportedly begin filming in November 2019 and if all goes well, we should have a new Batman solo movie by 2021 or 2022. While there still seems to be a bit of uncertainty on Ben Affleck staying in the role, I would still hold out hope for the actor to return as Batman.
Plot details for The Batman are still under wraps, though the project is rumored to be centered on a younger Caped Crusader. Reeves himself has confirmed that the film will not be directly based on Frank Miller’s Year One comic.
Do you think we’ll get a new Batman? Or do you think Ben Affleck will ultimately return to the role? Sound off in the comments section below!
The Batman is one of the many projects currently being developed by Warner Bros. and DC Films, including The Flash standalone film, Green Lantern Corps, Black Adam, Cyborg, Supergirl, New Gods, and Nightwing.
The DCEU continues this month with Aquamanwhich is set to hit theaters in the US on December 21, 2018, followed by Shazam! on April 5, 2019,Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn), on February 7, 2020, and Wonder Woman 1984 on June 5, 2020. A standalone Joker film set outside of the DC Films universe starring Joaquin Phoenix as the Clown Prince of Crime is also set to hit theaters October 4, 2019.
Stay tuned to Heroic Hollywood for the latest news on the future of the DC Films franchise as we learn it.
‘Gotham’ Cast Photos Feature Bane, Plus Penguin & Riddler In Iconic Costumes
Gotham cast photos featuring Batman villains The Riddler and Penguin donning their classic costumes, along with a new look at Shane West’s Bane.
The final season of FOX’s Batman prequel series subtitled Legend of the Dark Knight will serve as a conclusion to the series with David Mazouz completing his journey towards becoming Batman. In addition to Batman’s introduction, the final season is also set to introduce Shane West as the iconic Batman villain Bane as it continues the No Man’s Land storyline.
Robin Lord Taylor and Cory Michael Smith with also be featured in the iconic Penguin and Riddler costumes which you can get a look at in the gallery below!
The Batman prequel series stars Ben McKenzie as Jim Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma, Jessica Lucas as Tabitha Galavan, and Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox.
With Gotham on the brink of total anarchy and cut off from the outside world, only Jim Gordon, Bruce Wayne and a handful of heroes remain behind to retake the city. Inspired by the “No Man’s Land” arc from the comics, villains including Penguin, the Riddler, the Sirens and Jeremiah have taken claim on various regions of the city. Will order be restored, or will chaos reign in Gotham?
Gotham season 5 will premiere on January 3, 2019, on Fox. Stay tuned to Heroic Hollywood for the latest news on the final season of Gotham: Legend of the Dark Knight as we learn it.
Source: TV Line
- What’s new on Netflix, and what’s leaving in July 2020
- Harry Potter 'open world' video game from Warner Bros-owned Avalanche Software is in the works - and could be released next year, leaks suggest
- The Batman 2021 release date, cast, new Batmobile images, and more
- Zoe Kravitz showcases her petite figure in denim cutoffs and tank top... as she readies to resume filming The Batman in UK
- DC To Host Massive Virtual "FanDome" Event, Includes The Batman And Zack Snyder's Justice League
- Thor: Love and Thunder: cast, release date, trailer, plot and what we know
- Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Ian Holm to Dame Vera Lynn
- Henry Cavill Gets a New Superman Look for His Return in Man of Steel 2 Fan Art
- Batman v Superman Prequel Comics Take You Deeper Into the Story
- U.K. to Resume Film, High-End TV Production Under New COVID-19 Guidelines
- The Batman, Mission: Impossible 7 Exempt from Quarantine as Filming Resumes in the U.K.
- Matt Reeves Has Signed A New Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV
- The Batman Director Matt Reeves Signs New Deal With Warner Bros. TV
- The 16 best shows on HBO Max right now
- Henry Cavill's Black Suit Superman Rises in Zack Snyder's Justice League Fan Art
- The 60 best movies on Netflix to watch now
- Justice League Snyder Cut: a mini-history and every deleted scene we know about
- Henry Cavill on HBO Max's Justice League: 'It's been quite the ordeal'
- Bandcamp Friday, June 2020 Edition: Support Artists by Buying This Music
- ‘Lego Masters’ EPs Anthony Dominici & Will Arnett On Their Meta Celebration Of Out-Of-The-Box Creativity
A New Batman Will Be Cast Before The End Of The Year have 843 words, post on heroichollywood.com at January 4, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.