WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump is facing scathing criticism from conservative supporters after backing away from his threat to shut down the government over border wall funding, with some aggressively lobbying the president against signing a short-term deal with no wall dollars. Trump has not said if he will support a temporary funding measure approved by the Senate, though his White House has made clear it will review whatever can pass Congress. Urging him to veto, Trump’s critics argue he will have even less leverage when Democrats take control of the House on Jan. 3, and they worry that the unfilled pledge for a U.S.-Mexico border wall could hamper his re-election campaign. As the chorus of discontent echoed on Twitter and Fox News on Wednesday and Thursday, Trump seemed to be mounting a defense. He tweeted angrily at Democrats, declaring “I will not sign any of their legislation, including infrastructure, unless it has perfect Border Security.” He also argued that border security is “tight” due to military and law enforcement efforts. Throughout Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, “Build the wall!” was a rallying cry for his supporters. Trump supporters sought to remind him of that as they pushed him to veto… Read full this story
- Ex-Trump adviser Steve Bannon pleads not guilty to ‘funneling $1M from border wall fund’ after arrest on superyacht
- Border Wall Funds: Steve Bannon Rips His Arrest as 'Political Hit Job' to 'Intimidate' Trump Voters
- Trump says he'll sign USPS funding if Democrats make concessions
- Trump threatens to withhold Michigan, Nevada funding over mail-in voting
- Melania Trump Faces Backlash for Rose Garden Renovation: 'She Cut Down Jackie's Trees!'
- BARR: Trump Should Ban ‘Critical Race Theory’ Reeducation Programs
- Private Border Wall 'Looks Like It's Going to Fall Into The River' After Hanna
- Trump, GOP walk tightrope in wooing minority voters
- Why Trump will win the wall fight
- How Trump Could Turn the Most Challenging Election Since the Civil War into an Unprecedented Disaster
Trump faces scathing criticism from supporters on wall funds have 318 words, post on www.daily-chronicle.com at December 20, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.