Ministers found in contempt of Parliament Government caves in, will publish legal advice Theresa May suffers three humiliating Commons defeats MPs secure right to greater control over Brexit process Reconstruction: Prime Minister’s bruising day in full BBC calls off Brexit TV debate after failing to reach agreement Contempt of Parliament: What does it mean? Advocate General of ECJ: UK could unilaterally stop Brexit Lord King: PM’s Brexit deal is a betrayal of Britain Tom Harris: Revoking Article 50 would ignore Brexit vote Theresa May suffered humiliation on an historic scale on Tuesday as her Government became the first to be found in contempt of Parliament. Mrs May lost three Brexit-related votes in the space of barely an hour, making her the first Prime Minister in 40 years to be defeated three times in one day. She was told she must cede control of Brexit to Parliament if her deal with the EU is voted down next week, effectively killing off the prospect of no deal. Dominic Grieve, the former attorney general, led a successful plot by 25 Tory Remainers to give MPs the right to dictate a “plan B” to Mrs May if she loses the Brexit deal vote. Mrs May was also… Read full this story
- Theresa May busts out dance moves one more time on Africa trip
- May Has Sold a Brexit Deal to the E.U. (But Not to the U.K.)
- No one thought a UK Prime Minister could be worse than Theresa May. Until now.
- Theresa May’s Brexit ‘Breakthrough’ Is a Declaration of Surrender
- Donald Trump arrives at No10 for talks - but DOESN'T shake hands with Theresa May
- May Faces Cabinet Mutiny As Brexit Deal Breaks Down
- Theresa May likens herself to cricket hero Geoffrey Boycott in Brexit speech
- A weight off her shoulders! Smiling Theresa May goes to her church with husband Philip as her would-be successors furiously do battle and claim THEY can solve Brexit deadlock
- A night of electric shock that left Theresa May dazed
- May and E.U. Leaders Reach Historic Agreement on Brexit Deal Nobody Wants
Theresa May's Brexit deal in peril as ministers found in contempt of Parliament for first time have 348 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at December 5, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.