Preparations for next year’s Strictly Come Dancing are well and truly underway! Radio host and TV presenter Chris Evans has revealed he has agreed to take part in next year’s series. Although he is yet to sign the contract, the 52-year-old told The One Show on Wednesday he is ready to get his dancing shoes on. “I have said yes,” he confessed, also explaining: “Probably only because my wife would like to go every week. You’d know because you get a pair of tickets don’t you?”
Chris Evans is due to appear in next year’s Strictly
Chris, who is leaving his flagship BBC Radio 2 breakfast show this week to return to Virgin Radio, went on to add: “I haven’t signed, but I saw Joe the big boss Joe Wallis the commissioning editor. We had a cup of tea, he said are you up for it, this is what you need to know about it, this is the minimum, this is the maximum, it’s not as easy as maybe you imagine it will be.” The news comes nine months ahead of the 2019 start date, and almost a week after Stacey Dooley and professional dancer Kevin Clifton lifted the glitterball trophy this year.
It’s been an exciting few months for Chris, who recently welcomed twin babies with his wife Natasha Shishmanian. Speaking about his babies shortly after their arrival in September, the dad-of-five said: “We’ve been up all night! We did go out and celebrate last night and we took the newborns with us – not the unborns – the newborns came out with us because it’s so cool when your new babies are less than a day old. The first 24 hours you can go round and say, ‘They’re still not a whole day old yet’. So we went out last night and had a house full.”
He then added: “Mum doing very well. Babies [are] splendid, sparkling. We are beyond blessed.” The radio presenter announced his wife’s pregnancy in April, choosing to make the big reveal on his show. At the time, Chris told listeners that Natasha had been undergoing IVF fertility treatment in the hopes of having another baby. Chatting to a fertility expert, he said: “Mrs Evans is, she is. Double trouble, twin turbo. We have known for a while, obviously. She is definitely the mother, no doubt about that!” Chris and Natasha, who have been married since 2007, have two older sons: Noah, and Eli. The former Top Gear host is also a father to daughter Jade from his previous relationship with Alison Ward.
Like this story? Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.
- Put meteorites on your feet and dance with the stars
- Star Wars Episode IX could see Lando Calrissian actor Billy Dee Williams return
- Lucasfilm's making a Star Wars "hyper-reality" VR experience
- Disney confirms third standalone Star Wars movie for 2020
- 7 things we hope to see in the new Star Wars saga
- Star Wars star Mark Hamill discusses recasting Luke and Leia
- Disney drone shows off Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge theme park
- Star Wars Episode IX: Release date, cast, director and theories
- A Brief History of Pop Stars Borrowing From Other Artists
- Here’s What’s Coming and Going From Netflix in December 2017
- Finland Out-Dances Russia, Great Britain At
- Star Maddie Ziegler Landed Her First Film Role (With Sia, No Less)
- The Worst Songs to Play During a Father-Daughter Wedding Dance
- This Canadian Ice Dancing Pair's Lift Is Apparently Too Sexy for the Olympics
- NASCAR Won't Use The Car Setup That Fixed The All-Star Race Again This Year After All
- We're At Lone Star Le Mans All Weekend Hoping The Prototypes Never Leave
- 10 funny tweets about J.J. Abrams directing 'Star Wars'
- Texas Book Festival 2019:
All by Myself: Loneliness in Fiction
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' cast says film is intimate, emotional
- As Cheryl Cole wades into the gay marriage debate, why pop stars should stay well away from politics
Strictly Come Dancing 2019 lines up first star - find out who it is here have 702 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at December 20, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.