MONTPELIER, Vt. (WCAX) Vermont’s capital city is preparing for a festive New Year’s eve. The day’s events kicked off with a chilly, all-ages, five kilometer race through downtown Montpelier.Several restaurants and bars are planning to have various specials. Montpelier Alive Director Dan Groberg says musician Dave Keller will continue his tradition of performing on New Year’s Eve — this time from 5:30 to 7:30 at the Unitarian Church. And for those night owls looking to continue the party beyond midnight, a new event for adults will take place at Montpelier City Hall. “There’s a new event this year, ‘Backstage Collective.’ It’s a group of DJs and they’re doing a late-night event from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. this evening. Two a.m. — late night, food, bar, 21-plus,” Groberg said. “The great part about Montpelier is it’s so walkable — easy to walk around. Just come on down and check out a bunch of things while you’re here.” Groberg says it is expected to snow this evening so people coming to Montpelier should drive carefully.
- Hanoi real estate market welcomes New Year with good news
- Santosh and Shreya had fun celebrating the New Year partying at 10 D
- PUBG Mobile Lunar New Year event starts: Festive outfits, AirPods, gift cards up for grabs
- EXCLUSIVE: Rod Stewart, 75, and his son plead not guilty to attacking US security guard on New Year's Eve at Florida hotel, as singer still faces civil lawsuit from the worker
- Roberts Toyota Welcomes the New Year with Deals on 2020 Toyota Models
- Vietnam welcomes the Year of the Rat
- Lotto results and draw LIVE: Winning Lottery numbers on New Year's Day Wednesday
- Final Preparations Underway For Inner Harbor New Year’s Eve Fireworks Display
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Andy Murray, Lionel Messi and the All Blacks kick off New Year celebrations as host of top sports stars see in 2019
- Firework displays set at many locations to welcome Lunar New Year
Montpelier events to welcome New Year have 324 words, post on www.wcax.com at December 31, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.