Dec 07, 4:52 AM EST Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury World By Vaishnavi Vaidyanathan 12/07/18 AT 4:51 AM A Glasgow, Scotland, court heard Thursday that a father killed his 23-day-old daughter by “repeatedly assaulting her from the day she was born until she died.”Mikayla Haining was allegedly killed by her father, Thomas Haining, at her home in Mackay Road, Inverness, Scotland, in June 2017. He allegedly inflicted blunt force trauma on her, leaving her critically injured. She succumbed to the injuries, Sun reported.Though police had initially treated the death as “unexplained,” they later on described it as “suspicious”. Following the incident, Thomas had paid tribute to his daughter on social media. His house was sealed off and officials carried out door-to-door inquiries in the area as part of the investigation.Thomas’ advocate, Shelagh McCall QC, said there was a problem getting expert medical witnesses for the defense and that she has now approached medical experts from London.“There is a dearth of experts for this kind of case in Scotland and those there are have been snapped up by the Crown,” she said, Daily Mail reported.The next hearing is scheduled for Feb. 8, 2018. Representational image of a newborn at the maternity of the… Read full this story
- Mum of New Zealand massacre victim dies of ‘broken heart’ day after son’s funeral after struggling to cope with his loss
- My two-year-old daughter is dying of dementia – I lose a piece of her every day
- First we lost Noah at just six hours old, then his brother Charlie died of the SAME disease – just three weeks later
- Mum warns of the danger of cold sores for babies – after 8-week-old daughter nearly died
- Boy died week before third birthday
- Prodigy minder Con Murphy's daughter pays tribute as he dies weeks after Keith
- I knew my daughter had died in her sleep aged three when her identical twin found her and started screaming
- Man found guilty of abusing daughter has conviction quashed over error in his barrister's closing speech to jury
- Who is Chelsea Manning and is the former US soldier who leaked documents to Wikileaks to be freed?
- Ruth Dudley Edwards: Shared future a long way off if republicans refer to a great man of peace as 'the likes of you'
Man Assaulted New-Born Daughter Till She Died 3 Weeks Later have 367 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at December 7, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.