What was widely reported on Monday became official on Tuesday: Scott Satterfield is the new head coach at Lousiville. The 45-year-old North Carolina native, who oddly did not receive a sniff from North Carolina, went 51-24 in six seasons at Appalachian State, but that record obscures how impressive his run in Boone really was. When discounting his 11-13 start upon transitioning the Mountaineers from the FCS to FBS, Satterfield was 40-11 overall and 29-4 in Sun Belt play, including at least a share of three straight conference titles, including a 30-19 win over Louisiana-Lafayette in the inaugural Sun Belt Championship on Saturday. While North Carolina passed on Satterfield in favor of re-hiring Mack Brown, Louisville successfully pounced after the school failed to lure hometown hero Jeff Brohm away from Purdue. “When I set out looking for a new head coach, I recognized Scott early in the process as someone I was confident in leading this football program,” Louisville AD Vince Tyra said in a statement. “Following his career very closely, his teams are statistically very sound on both sides of the football. Both his offenses and defenses are ranked high nationally, and I valued how well-prepared and well-coached his teams have always been at Appalachian… Read full this story
- Jeff Hafley named BC’s new head coach; co-DC expected to stay with Ohio State through playoffs
- What awaits the NFL's new head coaches in 2020?
- Report: Browns Name Kevin Stefanski Next Head Coach
- Cincinnati formally announces Luke Fickell as new head coach
- East Bengal appoints Mario Rivera as new head coach coach
- Report: Cincinnati will name Ohio State’s Luke Fickell as new head coach on Saturday
- Western Kentucky confirms Tennessee OC Tyson Helton as new head coach
- CSU Rams coach Steve Addazio names offensive coordinator, associate head coach
- Joe Brady officially named Carolina Panthers' new offensive coordinator
- Ed Orgeron named USC’s interim head coach
Louisville officially names Scott Satterfield new head coach have 315 words, post on collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com at December 4, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.