An electrical fault may have sparked a fire at a house in Strood in the early hours of this morning. The occupants were outside when firefighters arrived at the property in Woodstock Road just after 2am. It is believed to have been caused by a small water heater in the downstairs toilet. Two fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose jet reel to put out the flames and a pressure fan to clear smoke. There were no reported injuries. The incident was dealt within an hour.