Fortnite Battle Royale and Save the World players last week received some major new updates to the game.
Although undoubtedly the biggest addition toFortnite Season 7 was the new Infinity Blade weapon, which proved to be truly over-powered and divisive amongst the game’s fanbase.
We also saw the release of the games new creative mode to the general public.
But now it’s time to speculate over the games next weekly update and it’s likely that the forthcoming update will add a few more features as well as making plenty of fixes to the game.
Although we can’t say for certain, it seems a good bet that there will be some sort of update tomorrow from Epic Games.
New updates usually drop at around 8am GMT in the morning with patch notes also going live at the same time. Although last week they came slightly later at 10am GMT.
It’s possible this could coincide with some small downtime as well, which normally lasts for around 2 hours.
It could well be a pretty sizeable update as well, adding plenty of new content, skins and more ahead of the festive Christmas period next week when we expect most devs will be away from the office.
Keep reading for a look at some of the upcoming changes we’re expecting to see in the 7.10 Update.
Last week prior to the launch of the new 7.01 Update and patch notes Fortnite design lead Eric Williamson confirmed one change for the in-game vehicles on the Battle Royale Reddit page.
Speaking with fans Williamson confirmed that there are plans to introduce a new HUD element to the game in order to display vehicle health.
At the time the change has unfortunately missed the cutoff for the games 7.01 update, but Williamson reassured that it should be in the release after that.
So it stands to reason we’ll see that addition to the game in update 7.10.
X-4 Stormwing Plane Changes
In addition to the above, we should also see a significant nerf to the games new Season 7 X-4 Stormwing planes.
Epic Games Community Coordinator Sean Hamilton (MrPopoTFS) revealed the news whilst talking with a fan on Twitter who was asking for more damage to pilots after a plane was destroyed.
In response, Hamilton stated that it would be increased from 25 to 50 in the upcoming 7.10 update.
Infinity Blade Return?
As players will well know, the Infinity Blade was vaulted at the tail end of last week with Epic bowing to fan pressure and telling the fanbase:
“Heya folks, We messed up and rolled out the Infinity Blade overpowered / without good counters, especially in the end game.
“The Infinity Blade has been Vaulted and we are re-evaluating our approach to Mythic items. Thanks for calling us out on this!”
However, prior to the final step of vaulting the weapon, Epic had stated, quite categorically, that mythic weapons were to be a big part of the game and that the team was working on a way to nerf the Infinity Blade to make it seem more fair in the overall meta.
“When designing the Infinity Blade the goal was to provide a weapon with inherent risk to balance out the great capability it provides—the ability to harvest/build removes a great deal of that risk,” Epic said.
“By taking away the ability to harvest/build we hope to tune the Infinity Blade to where it feels risky to have, but still satisfying to wield.”
We doubt Epic will go to such lengths as to add such a big feature to drop it like a stone 4 days later, so we’re expecting to see the Sword return, perhaps with some major tweaking so it’s not quite so OP.
Fortnite 7.10 Update – Anything Else?
On top of everything mentioned previously, we should see the usual array of bug fixes for both Fortnite Battle Royale, Fortnite Save the World and mobile.
Below you can take a look at some of the main bugs which the Trello board has marked as ‘fixed in the next release’.
This isn’t to say they’ll definitely be included in the next patch. But there’s a pretty decent chance.
Battle Royale ‘fixed’ Issues:
- Visual issue with Scratchmark Pickaxe Challenges
- Players continue to walk for a short time after being eliminated
- Player can be ejected from vehicles
Creative Mode ‘fixed’ Issues:
- Players may encounter building limitation on some Islands when in a full Creative server
- Increase in PC Crashes
- Players are unable to create or join creative sessions
- Unable to switch Islands when opening “Set Rift Destination” menu for the first time
- Vehicles can be deleted while they are in use
- Only 2 players will be teleported to a single Player Spawn Pad for games
Save the World ‘fixed’ Issues:
- Deliver the Bomb missions may not function properly in the Ghost Town Zone
- SSD grants 20 XP if an amplifier takes 20% damage
- The Sniper Defender that is purchased from the Event Store does not have Perks
- Players may be marked as underpowered after returning from a mission
- Players may see a lower power level in lobby compared to their actual power level.
Mobile ‘fixed’ Issues:
- Letterboxing occurs on iPad
- Weapon auto pick up is delayed
- Vibration setting on low-end iPhone
- Weapon auto pick up is delayed
- The Block visual issue
- Bluetooth Audio
- Storm visual effects persist after leaving the storm
- Jerky Camera turning on Mobile
- Impending cumulative updates unnerve Windows patch experts
- Windows 10 Home patch lets you turn off automatic app updates
- Microsoft Promises 6 Updates for Final Patch Tuesday of '09
- Nexus 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 and Player all get Stagefright update, monthly security patches from here on out
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: 10 key enterprise features
- Microsoft yanks 10 old patches down
- Killing passwords in Windows 10 S is one of 7 big changes in Windows 10 Build 17093
- Microsoft updates its enterprise ABC (Active Directory, BizTalk and Communications Server) roadmaps
- Java SE 6 update 10 is out
- Microsoft resumes Windows 10 Insider builds with beta sans visible changes