DEONTAY WILDER slammed Floyd Mayweather after the Money Man backed Tyson Fury in the heavyweight fight.
Saturday night’s bout was scored as a draw and the five-weight boxing champion reportedly walked out of the Staples Center “disgusted” by the outcome.
At the end of the fifth round, Mayweather had Fury five rounds up and reckoned the Gypsy King had done enough to claim the WBC heavyweight belt.
But Wilder hit back at his fellow American star, suggesting the Money Man could not enjoy the fight because the 41-year-old was not the centre of attention.
The Bronze Bomber said: “I’m a heavyweight and the fight, Saturday, was a great start to bring the heavyweight division back.
“Oh they loved it. They loved every bit of it. The world loved it. And I don’t think he [Mayweather] liked that.
Fury’s draw with Wilder proves boxing will never be exact science
Brook blasts Khan from ‘running off’ from all-British boxing showdown
Kell Brook vs Michael Zerafa: TV channel, live stream, start time and undercard
Hearn slams Fury’s fight with Wilder… but admits Brit proved him wrong
HI-TECH IS BACK
Lomachenko vs Pedraza: TV channel, live stream, start time and undercard
Wilder reveals ‘proof’ Fury did not beat ten count after final round knockdown
Wilder blasts AJ for fighting ‘second-tier’ opponents and hopes rival gets KO’d
Joshua goes on ski holiday after Wilder blast over ‘second-rate’ opponents
“He wanted all the attention on him. It’s sad that it’s like that but the heavyweight division is where it’s at.
“He always wants the attention. But no more of that. I’m going to continue to do what I’ve got to do.”
Wilder was asked if he thinks it will be long before he starts collecting nine-figure sums when he enters the ring like Mayweather did for the Conor McGregor fight last year.
He added: ”Oh most definitely. I’m a heavyweight.
“People know we’re big guys, they know they want to see heavy hitters. And when you get a fight like that, that’s what they want to see, the excitement back.
“I’m the new Deontay Wilder of boxing. I don’t want to be Floyd. I’m coming and there’s a lot of fighters jealous of me for no reason.”
As well as attacking Mayweather, Wilder had a pop at heavyweight rival Anthony Joshua for fighting “second-tier” opponents.
And he took to Instagram in an attempt to try and prove Fury did not beat the ten-second count in the twelfth round in Los Angeles.
Fury heroically got up from a brutal knockdown to keep himself in the fight for the final stages.
- Dillian Whyte ready to face Wilder on October 9 but Tyson Fury says there is ‘plenty of time’ to train for trilogy
- Deontay Wilder’s trainer Jay Deas compares Tyson Fury axing Ben Davison to The Beatles
- Tyson Fury's own cousin warns him Deontay Wilder will be "dangerous fight"
- Deontay Wilder's trainers need to 'talk openly' with American about tactics vs Tyson Fury
- Eddie Hearn brands Floyd Mayweather vs Logan Paul a ‘disgrace’ and admits he was ‘uncomfortable’ promoting YouTuber
- Deontay Wilder wants to "dismantle" Tyson Fury when trilogy fight finally happens
- Tyson Fury warned 'hungry' Deontay Wilder wants to 'dismantle him so bad' in trilogy fight
- Deontay Wilder ‘never been this hungry before’ says trainer Malik Scott ahead of trilogy fight with Tyson Fury
- Tyson Fury ready to take bets on brother Tommy 'knocking Jake Paul the f*** out'
- Dillian Whyte offers to fight Deontay Wilder in his own HOME in desperate bid to ‘get hold of him and hurt him’
- Mike Tyson, 54, would still KO Deontay Wilder, 34, in ONE MINUTE if pair fought now, says former trainer Jeff Fenech
- Deontay Wilder’s co-manager was ‘shocked’ no step aside offer was ever made to allow Tyson Fury to fight Anthony Joshua
- Tyson Fury blasts ‘bully’ Deontay Wilder in X-rated rant after Bronze Bomber accuses him of lying about having Covid
- John Fury disagrees with Tyson over Anthony Joshua and brands Brit second-best heavyweight ahead of Deontay Wilder
- Tyson Fury warned Deontay Wilder trilogy is a ‘very dangerous fight’ as Bronze Bomber has got ‘a lot to prove’
- Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury Are Fighting, but Also Bringing Rivals Together
- John Fury launches astonishing rant against ‘horrible idiot’ Deontay Wilder and says Tyson will put him in hospital
- Deontay Wilder’s coach insists Tyson Fury is struggling in sparring after ‘demonic nightmares’ about Bronze Bomber
- Deontay Wilder posts cryptic message about ‘Covid lie’ and says ‘they’re going to hell’ after Tyson Fury bout postponed
- Tyson Fury sends message to ‘big sausage’ Deontay Wilder as he returns to gym for training after coronavirus scare
Deontay Wilder slams Floyd Mayweather for backing Tyson Fury and puts Money Man in his place have 808 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 5, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.