0 Have your say Rave reviews for Richard Madden’s lead performance in BBC hit series Bodyguard have secured the Scottish actor his first Golden Globe nomination. Madden, 32, received a nod in the best actor in a TV drama category. Bodyguard was also nominated for best drama series where it will go up against fellow BBC series Killing Eve.The recognition comes with some of Britain’s biggest stars set to go head to head for gongs.Olivia Colman and Emily Blunt were both nominated in the best actress in a comedy or musical category for their turns in The Favourite and Mary Poppins Returns respectively.Claire Foy will compete against Rachel Weisz in the supporting actress category for their turns in First Man and The Favourite, where Weisz will also take on co-star Emma Stone.In the television section, Benedict Cumberbatch and Hugh Grant are both in the running for the best actor in a limited series or TV movie category.READ MORE: F1 legend Mika Hakkinen launches campaign to tackle drink-drivingCumberbatch picked up a nod for the Sky Atlantic series Patrick Melrose, while Grant was recognised for his turn as Jeremy Thorpe in A Very English Scandal.Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Madden said of his… Read full this story
- Oscars 2019: who are this year's early frontrunners?
- Cameron Diaz opens up why she quit acting: 'I finally was taking care of myself'
- The best romance movies on Netflix right now
- 50 of the best TV shows to binge on Netflix
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Studio Bosses Throw Oscar Parties, Tarantino Turns ’70’, Stallone Sells Stallone
- Best LGBTQ movies on Amazon Prime
- Cameron Diaz reveals why she quit acting in interview with Gwyneth Paltrow
- From Jack Black's cheating girlfriend to Jude Law's adorable daughters, where are the cast of the classic festive film The Holiday now?
- Ex-para helped make World War I film 1917 'most authentic war movie ever'
- Celebrity birthdays for the week of Aug. 16-22
Bodyguard star Richard Madden ‘blown away’ with Golden Globe nod have 320 words, post on www.scotsman.com at December 6, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.