Tuesday, December 4, 2018
CNN — Higher rates of ADHD diagnoses have been linked to babies born in a certain month in certain states.
Many couples try to plan the perfect month to get pregnant and a new study found August may not be the best month to give birth.
In states where the cutoff to start kindergarten is a September first birthday are more likely than children in other states to be diagnosed and treated for ADHD according to a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
There are 21 states with this cutoff date.
According to the education commission of the states, meaning kids born in August in these states are usually the youngest in their classrooms, sometimes nearly a year younger than some classmates.
Which researchers say could be part of the problem.
Health experts say this study confirms on a larger scale what some other studies have shown on smaller ones but it doesn’t account for how kids were diagnosed.
Or if their physicians were following the right protocols to properly diagnose them for ADHD.
- Firms scramble for loans despite higher rates
- No upsurge in deposits despite higher rates
- Le Quang Liem’s rank falls owing to eagerness for higher rating
- Early birth may pose higher risk to the mind
- Banks deny higher rates mean interest war
- Vietnam growth holds near 6 pct as higher rates counter exports
- Vietnam banks may gain next year on higher rates, Manulife says
- Vietnam inflation climbs to 25-month high, adding rate pressure
- Nine month GDP growth rate at 6.52 percent
- Birth defects spur calls for more prenatal testing
- Sun may determine lifespan at birth: study
- Resolution 47 promotes clinical contraception, drop in birth rate
- Bigger Money Requires Higher Responsibility
- Hospital cuts mortality rates of premature, underweight babies
- Inflation double growth rate: National Assembly
- Fertility rates drop, but still higher than West
- At least 74 dead in crashes similar to those GM linked to faulty switches
- PMI drops to six-month low
- Higher interbank rates hurt small banks
- High exchange rate to continue, hurt importers
Birth months linked to higher rates of ADHD have 319 words, post on www.wrdw.com at December 4, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.