A FATHER who repeatedly called his six-year-old autistic son “retarded” has been stripped of his parental rights in a rare legal move. The ruling is believed to be only the third time of its kind handed out by a court in England or Wales. At a hearing in the Family Division of the High Court in London, Deputy High Court Judge Frances Judd QC said the move was in the boy’s best interests after the father wrote about him “in dreadful terms”. In her ruling she said the father saw himself as a victim and that there was no indication of a change in his attitude. She said the father was “so bound up in himself and his own anger” that he had been willing to write about his son in a shocking manner. The hearing was told that last autumn the father posted notes to his former partner’s neighbours telling them the child was “retarded” and could not enjoy trick or treating or Halloween. The Daily Mail also reported that in November last year he wrote to the mother’s solicitors, saying: “I have the greatest pleasure knowing that C (the mother) is struggling to cope with her retarded son… Read full this story
- Cleveland Clinic, parents clash over girl's brain tumor treatment; court to decide
- A Boise priest abused him and kept him quiet with beer. He was 12. Police never knew.
- Kenya: Fathers on the Spot Over Rape Cases in Lamu
- Ankeny couple caught on video abusing adopted child takes plea deal
- Angry parents cost a high school coach his job and reputation so he sued them and won $50K
- Angry parents cost this Honeoye coach his job and reputation so he sued them and won $50K
- Sudan: Human Rights Activist Detained Incommunicado in South Darfur
- South Africa: Baby M's Father Must Be Charged
- Kenya: Sunkuli's Son Was Murdered, Autopsy Reveals
- His college saw despair. His parents didn’t, until it was too late.
Abusive father who called autistic son, 6, ‘retard’ is stripped of parental rights in rare legal move have 320 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 8, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.