A Star Is Born looks set to win big at the 76th annual Golden Globe Awards with Bradley Cooper’s directorial debut scooping five nominations. The musical drama is in contention for the coveted Best Motion Picture – Drama gong and will see Cooper not only vy for Best Director, but also Best Actor for his role as singer Jackson Maine. Lady Gaga, who is hotly tipped for awards season success, bagged herself a Best Actress nomination for her role as Ally Maine, but she will face tough competition from Glenn Close, Melissa McCarthy, Rosamund Pike and Nicole Kidman. The film rounded off its nominations haul with Original Song for Shallow, but narrowly missed out on a Best Screenplay nod. It is tied with The Favourite and Green Book which also bagged five nominations while Vice leads the charge with six. Cooper will face competition from Willem Dafoe, Lucas Hedges, Rami Malek and John David Washington while Ryan Gosling was snubbed for his portrayal of Neil Armstrong in First Man. His co-star Claire Foy was among a slew of British stars who will be hoping to bring back awards after earning a nod for her role in the story of the… Read full this story
- Jordan Peele Snubbed, Mariah Carey Nominated for 2018 Golden Globes
- Can Someone Please Fix the Spelling On Jon Hamm's Golden Globe?
- Viola Davis Says Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress in
- is Renewed, Ready to Own Golden Globes
- Why Was Leonardo DiCaprio Laughing as Lady Gaga Walked Up to Receive Her Golden Globe?
- Women At the Golden Globes Will Be Wearing Black to Protest Sexual Harassment in Hollywood
- Here Are Some Great Ideas For Your Golden Globes Party Menu
- Amy Schumer and Jennifer Lawrence Want to Be Twins at the Golden Globes
- The Best, Most Indulging Tweets, Selfies & More From the Golden Globes
- Seth Meyers Is the Feminist Hero We Need to Host the Golden Globes, Says
A Star Is Born dominates Golden Globes nominations have 314 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at December 6, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.