Tyrone Crawford,Carson Wentz,Demarcus Lawrence
(AP Photo/Matt Rourke)
By Daniel Gallen | [email protected]
On Sunday, the Eagles and Cowboys can put that behind them when they square off on the turf at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. There are high stakes for both teams, with playoff and NFC East hopes potentially hinging on this game. Here are the five matchups that should determine the outcome.
Eagles RT Lane Johnson vs. Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence
Dallas Cowboys vA Philadelphia Eagles
(Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)
Lane Johnson struggled in the early part of the season before battling through ankle and knee injuries. Now, it appears he’s reverting to his All-Pro form based on his performance the past two weeks. And that’s a significant development for an Eagles offense that’s begun to lean more on the run in Josh Adams over the past two weeks. Johnson will have another tall task in DeMarcus Lawrence, who has 9.5 sacks this season. He didn’t get to Carson Wentz last month, and Johnson will try to keep him away again.
Cowboys WR Amari Cooper vs. Eagles CB Sidney Jones
Dallas Cowboys v Philadelphia Eagles
(Photo by Brett Carlsen/Getty Images)
Dallas picked up a needed weapon at the trade deadline in Amari Cooper, and he’s delivered with 30 catches for 425 yards and three touchdowns in the five games since the trade. He’s a speedy playmaker who can make things happen with the ball in his hands, and in his past two games, he has 16 catches on 17 targets for 256 yards and two touchdowns. That’s some nice production. With injuries decimating the Eagles secondary, Sidney Jones moves to the top of the depth chart. The Eagles think they have a future No. 1 cornerback in the second-year pro, and he didn’t play the first time these two times squared off. He can validate some of that faith Sunday.
- Eagles take control of NFC East with impressive win over Dallas
- NFL Playoffs Picture 2019: Seedings and Matchups
- Jason Garrett addresses future with Cowboys as Dallas is expected to let head coach's contract expire
- 2020 NFL free agency: How a new CBA would impact Cowboys talks with Dak Prescott, Amari Cooper and Byron Jones
- Cowboys' Byron Jones likely to command $16M per year; Eagles, Giants are expected suitors
- 2020 NFL strength of schedule: Cowboys, Ravens and Steelers have it easiest, Patriots face roughest ride
- Cowboys' Cole Beasley drops rap single, gets dissed again by Philly reporter
- Eagles part ways with Nigel Bradham two years after signing linebacker to $40M extension, per report
- Bracketology Bubble Watch: NC State hosting Duke leads Wednesday slate of key games
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott denies reported domestic abuse allegation
- How to watch UFC Fight Night 168: Felder vs. Hooker with ESPN+
- Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma State: Live stream, watch online, TV channel, tipoff time, odds, line, pick
- Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma State odds, line: College basketball picks, Feb. 15 predictions by model on 42-27 roll
- Kansas vs. Oklahoma State odds, line: 2020 college basketball picks, Feb. 24 predictions by model on 54-30 run
- Sixers vs. Nets odds, line, spread: 2020 NBA picks, Feb. 20 predictions from proven model on 35-19 roll
- XFL Week 3: How to watch all four games, streaming info, TV channel, full weekend schedule
- In Philadelphia, Two Americas
- Villanova vs. Temple odds, line: 2020 college basketball picks, Feb. 16 predictions by model on 42-27 roll
- XFL schedule 2020: Dates, times, scores and matchup information for the entire season of new football league
- 2020 NBA All-Star Game odds, spread: Picks, best predictions for Team LeBron vs. Team Giannis from top expert
5 matchups to watch in Philadelphia Eagles vs. Dallas Cowboys have 607 words, post on www.pennlive.com at December 8, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.