A glance back at some important ups and down India Inc faced in 2018. Year End Specials Kindly click on the image below to view the relevant story. #1 How PNB scam effected consumer confidence Illustration: Dominic Xavier/Rediff.com The buzz in the jewellery business amongst those who know him is that just weeks ago he was spotted having dinner at a London restaurant. He came, he saw, he ran away. In other words, that’s how jeweller Nirav Modi ended up after years of positioning himself as a purveyor of progressive, international quality jewellery good enough to sell to the Western world. It was a vision that he almost fulfilled with stores that were launched across London, New York, Hong Kong and Macau as well as Mumbai and New Delhi. If former liquor baron Vijay Mallya and his larger-than-life image was a side-show, then for Modi, it was the smoke and mirrors that distracted everyone from the crux of the issue. Beyond the pretty faces, big art, fancy cars, and fancy diamond sets designed for auction houses like Christie’s, the mystery around where his seemingly unending credit limits were coming from started to raise eyebrows in the last couple of years…. Read full this story
- India vs Australia: MS Dhoni Warms Up For Series Decider Against Australia - Watch
- No need to change batting style, have backing of team management: Pujara
- Why is the stockmarket reacting like this?
- Minor League Cricket: An elixir of life for cricket in the US?
- Deepika makes it to TIME 100 list, Vin Diesel writes inspiring testimony
- Grindr Wanted To Make The World Better For Queer People. Then A Chinese Gaming Company Bought It.
- Old tech’s new wave, or why we still love faxes, pagers and cassettes
- Usyk resumes heavyweight bid against Chisora
2018: Year of reckoning for India Inc have 295 words, post on www.rediff.com at December 28, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.