You would assume it was the celebrities in the jungle that the audience of I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! would pick as their favourite.
Far from it. It’s none of the Z-listers. It’s Kiosk Keith, obvs.
So the nation of telly lovers can be forgiven for being distraught at the following news. Brace yourselves…
Kiosk Keith will not be returning for the upcoming series.
It is almost time for a number of hardy celebrities to head Down Under and while it has been well documented that host Ant McPartlin will not be joining his TV partner-in-crime, Declan Donnelly, another I’m A Celeb ‘legend’ won’t be waiting among the creepy crawlies for the new arrivals.
ITV have confirmed that Kiosk Keith will not be returning this year and fans of the show will miss his gruff and grumpy demeanour.
The ‘face of the Dingo Dollar Challenge’ has allegedly been dumped by show bosses after allegations of inappropriate behaviour, reports the Mirror.
Kiosk Keith, who is 53-year-old Raymond Grant, has not has his contract renewed and I’m A Celebrity producers said at the time that, “Ray is no longer under contract on the show. There are no plans for him to return this year.”
This means that his sullen personality will not greet the campmates that have triumphed in the daily challenge and have appeared at his kiosk for their reward.
Of course, nothing is as simple as collecting a plate of biscuits of such like for the camp.
There would be a brainteasing multiple choice question, to which a wrong answer would see Keith slam the shutters down without a by-your-leave.
ITV has confirmed to The Mirror that Raymond was no longer under contract on the show.
Bosses said in a statement at the time: “Ray is no longer under contract on the show. There are no plans for him to return this year.”
Ray, who also worked as a labourer on the show, was alleged to have turned up to work drunk and acted inappropriately towards his colleagues.
A friend of the 53-year-old told The Sun that ITV bosses hadn’t spoken to Ray since his dismissal.
They said: “Ray won’t be going back as Kiosk Keith.
“He hasn’t spoken to anyone at ITV and they haven’t been in touch. It won’t be the same without him.”
They added: “There’s been no talk of him being a labourer on the show again. We’ve told him he’s too old for it now. Ray needs to move on.”
One of the most memorable Kiosk Keith moments came last year when Amir Khan and Iain Lee were charged with taking some strawberries and cream back to camp after their fellow stars gave Keith the right answer.
However, boxer Amir talked radio host Iain into eating them all and telling their campmates they’d lost the challenge.
It caused a lot of tension in camp when a guilt-stricken Iain finally confessed what he’d done.
Although it was Amir’s idea, Iain took the brunt of the blame, until the truth was eventually unveiled.
- Kiosk Keith not returning to I’m A Celebrity and ‘hasn’t even been contacted by ITV’ since sacking
- Kiosk Keith chats to a neighbour as it’s confirmed he WON’T return to the show after getting the sack
- When is I’m A Celebrity 2018 back on, Is Ant hosting and who’s in the line-up? Latest rumours revealed
- Who is Jack Maynard, why did he leave I’m A Celebrity 2017 and will the YouTube vlogger be on Love Island 2018?
- Who is Joel Dommett? I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Now 2018 host and comedian who was a finalist in 2016
- When is Celebrity Juice: 10th Birthday Special on ITV2 and who are Keith Lemon’s guests
- I’m A Celebrity 2017 finalist Iain Lee – four facts about the TV presenter and comedian
- Who are Celebrity Big Brother 2018 contestant Rachel Johnson’s family members? From I’m A Celebrity star Stanley to Secretary Boris
- Who is Shappi Khorsandi? Comedian and I’m A Celebrity 2017 star who’s ex-husband is Christian Reilly
- Celebrity Big Brother accused of copying I’m A Celeb’s bushtucker trials for ‘revolting’ food task