News / Scotland by Press Association November 13, 2018, 12:03 am FacebookTwitterLinkedInWhatsAppEmail Sign up to our Daily newsletter Theresa May has been challenged to share details of any proposed Brexit deal with Holyrood ministers “as a matter of urgency”. Scottish Constitutional Relations Secretary Mike Russell made the plea after talks in Brussels went into the early hours of Sunday morning. Both British and European Union leaders said there were still issues to be resolved – appearing to dash hopes that the UK Cabinet could sign off a deal on Tuesday. But Mr Russell insisted details of any deal must be revealed to ministers in the devolved administrations, and not just the UK Government. He spoke out ahead of a meeting in London between politicians from the UK, Scottish and Welsh governments, to be chaired by David Lidington, Mrs May’s defacto deputy. The UK’s decision to quit the EU has heightened political tensions between the Tory administration at Westminster and Nicola Sturgeon’s government in Edinburgh, with SNP ministers accusing their London counterparts of a “power grab”. Speaking ahead of the latest Joint Ministerial Committee meeting Mr Russell demanded: “The latest proposed Brexit deal must be shared with the Scottish Government as… Read full this story
- Brexit deal is 'within sight' as talks stretch into the night but Boris Johnson is warned one bad move could 'turn it to dust'
- EU: Brexit deal in sight but UK must still do more
- The key players in the UK’s hunt for a Brexit deal
- Brexit deal within reach in last-ditch talks, but doubts remain
- SSON Roundtable Debate - UK Public Sector Shared Services - Where Now and Where Next?
- UK Government Told to Tighten Data Security
- Global stocks jump on report Brexit deal may be close, oil slips
- Mobile Phone Deals UK - Grab The Most Lucrative Deal
- How Government Contractors Finance Their Deals With the US Government
- UK Bad Credit Loans - To Deal With All Financial Snags
UK Government challenged to share Brexit deal details ‘as matter of urgency’ have 324 words, post on www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk at November 12, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.