Mexican cartel boss Joaquin Guzman Loera, better known as "El Chapo," was put on trial in Brooklyn, New York, Tuesday. The trial is expected to drag on for four months. Details of El Chapo's alleged violence and wealth have been key in testimony against him. The trial of Joaquin Guzman Loera — better known as "El Chapo," a drug lord infamous for escaping a Mexican prison via tunnel in 2015 — kicked off Tuesday in New York City and is expected to last four months. It's been full of crazy details. Guzman , 61, faces a 17-count indictment on charges including drug trafficking and murder conspiracy that could land him behind bars for life if he's convicted of each one. Although the U.S. Treasury Department has called him the most "powerful drug trafficker in the world" for his role in distributing cocaine, marijuana, heroin, methamphetamine and more, Guzman's defense team has painted him as a pawn whose power in the Mexican Sinaloa Cartel has been exaggerated, reported The New York Times . Federal prosecutors argue their evidence hasn't been exaggerated. Guzman is accused of trafficking over 440,000 pounds of cocaine, is the subject of 100,000 audio recordings the feds plan to… Read full this story
- 5 key themes emerging from AT&T’s landmark antitrust trial
- 30 new and notable Android games from the last week (1/31/18
- Rebel editor launches crowdfunded digital newspaper El Español
- Five shows to stream this week: ‘Sicario,’ ‘The Revenant,’ and more
- Police to trial fingerprint scanners in move blasted as 'breathtakingly invasive'
- Weekend tech reading: Super-size the eclipse, Intel Atom C3000 revealed, first 802.11ax products
- The Waymo v. Uber trial has shaken my confidence in self-driving cars
- AT&T chief reveals plans for new streaming service – in court
- Digital Blend: iPhone 5 revealed, Steam Greenlight games greenlit
- While under oath, AT&T's CEO reveals $15/month TV streaming service for mobile devices
These Are The Craziest Things Revealed During El Chapo’s First Week On Trial have 318 words, post on dailycaller.com at November 17, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.