Piecemeal be damned! Sundance has announced an overwhelming 112 feature films for their 2019 festival coming up on January 24. Why all at once, you ask? Well because that way they can spit out all these impressive stats: For the 2019 Festival, 112 feature-length films have been selected, representing 33 countries and 45 first-time filmmakers. 53% of the directors in this year’s U.S. Dramatic Competition are women; 41% are people of color; 18% identify as LGBTQIA+. 44% of the directors in this year’s U.S. Documentary Competition are women; 22% are people of color; 5% identify as LGBTQIA+. Of the 61 directors in all four competition categories, comprising 56 films, 42% are women, 39% are people of color, and 23% identify as LGBTQIA. 24 films announced today were supported by Sundance Institute in development, whether through direct granting or residency Labs. 102 of the Festival’s feature films, or 91% of the lineup announced today, will be world premieres. 40%, or 45, of all films announced today were directed by one or more women; 36%, or 40, were directed by one or more filmmaker of color; 13% or 15 by one or more people who identify as LGBTQIA. These films were selected… Read full this story
- The Complete List of Movies Sold at Sundance 2019
- Sundance 2019: Zac Efron, Ted Bundy and a Portrait of a Serial Killer
- General Election 2019: What's behind the Conservative victory?
- The RPS Advent Calendar 2019, Dec 12th
- The RPS Advent Calendar 2019, Dec 17th
- General election 2019: Labour facing long haul, warns McDonnell
- General election 2019: Johnson will seek to reduce unskilled migration
- General election 2019: Ten lesser-known MPs to keep an eye on
- General election 2019: What does a Tory win mean for Wales?
- General election 2019: How the BBC calculates and reports results
Sundance 2019: Whopping 112 Features Announced In One Fell Swoop have 261 words, post on screenanarchy.com at November 28, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.