Sir David Attenborough will provide the voice-over for Netflix original documentary series Our Planet.
The doc is set for release on Netflix on April 5, 2019.
The series has been created in collaboration with Silverback Films, whose director Alastair Fothergill was the creator of Planet Earth and Blue Planet series, and WWF, the world’s leading conservation organisation.
The ground-breaking, eight-part series will showcase the planet’s most precious species and fragile habitats, revealing amazing sights on Earth in ways they’ve never been seen using the latest in 4k camera technology.
The ambitious four-year project has been filmed in 50 countries across all the continents of the world, with over 600 members of crew capturing more than three and a half thousand filming days, and will focus on the breadth of the diversity of habitats around the world, from the remote Arctic wilderness and mysterious deep oceans to the vast landscapes of Africa and diverse jungles of South America.
Speaking at WWF’s State of the Planet Address event in London, Sir David Attenborough said: “Our Planet will take viewers on a spectacular journey of discovery showcasing the beauty and fragility of our natural world.
“Today we have become the greatest threat to the health of our home but there’s still time for us to address the challenges we’ve created, if we act now. We need the world to pay attention. Our Planet brings together some of the world’s best filmmakers and conservationists and I’m delighted to help bring this important story to millions of people worldwide.“
Alastair Fothergill, Director at Silverback, said: “Our Planet is our most ambitious endeavour to date, we hope it will inspire and delight hundreds of millions of people across the world so they can understand our planet, and the environmental threat it faces, as never before. The crew have ventured to all corners of the globe to capture breathtaking natural history sequences and using the latest
Colin Butfield, Executive Director of WWF-UK and Executive Producer of Our Planet, said: “We’re the first generation to know the full impact of what we’re doing to our planet, and the last that has the chance to do anything about it.
“We’re at a unique moment in our history where we have the chance to put things right and start on the path towards a better future. Our Planet will showcase the wonders of our world at the critical time when we need global action to protect it.”
Watch the Our Planet series teaser from November 8, 2018.
- Our deserts feed the seas, our great rivers are clogged up, our oceans need saving and our ice-caps are melting: CHRISTOPHER STEVENS previews David Attenborough's new Netflix series Our Planet
- New Netflix series Clickbait given $4.9m by the Australian government
- The Queen bans plastic in the royal estates following David Attenborough documentary
- 'We are running out of time to save the planet': David Attenborough warns humanity faces its 'greatest threat in 1,000 years' and calls for 'urgent action' to tackle global warming
- Natasha Lyonne cuddles up with BFF Chloe Sevigny as she is supported by her OITNB castmates at the premiere of her Netflix series Russian Doll
- The most shocking, sickening, footage David Attenborough has EVER had? Mankind’s treatment of orang-utans was shameful in Seven Worlds, One Planet - by Jim Shelley
- The Keys to happiness: Inside the palm-fringed Florida resort where Netflix series Bloodline was filmed that’s paradise on earth
- 6 Spectacular Species Named for David Attenborough
- The Queen just made a change in the Buckingham Palace gardens inspired by David Attenborough
- Famed TV Explorer David Attenborough Shares His Favorite Adventure
- Tour London's Natural History Museum in VR with David Attenborough
- Shah Rukh Khan chats with David Letterman for his Netflix show, calls him the Abominable Snowman. See pics
- New Netflix Original Content Coming in April
- 15 New Netflix Originals You’ll Be Watching in 2017
- Netflix series Dark Crystal is getting a tie-in strategy game – here's when it lands
- Delingpole: More Green BS from Attenborough – Polar Bears v Beluga Edition
- Secret life of grave-robbing hamsters in Vienna uncovered in exciting new show
- Planet Earth II shows fantastic beasts and where to find them: review
- BBC Fires Shots At Netflix & Amazon Amid Battle For British Talent
- Blue Planet II episode highlights how plastic is killing our precious sea creatures
Sir David Attenborough to voice new Netflix series Our Planet have 704 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 8, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.