A schoolboy’s heartfelt letter to I’m A Celebrity contestant Anne Hegerty about their shared experience of autism has received thousands of shares online. the jungle he penned a letter to The Chase star which has had thousands of shares online.
Autism is a developmental disorder characterised by difficulties with social interaction and communication. And Asperger’s, which Anne has, is a form of autism.
North London-born Anne, who now lives in Manchester, has been applauded for speaking openly about her condition with her supportive campmates and revealed she wasn’t diagnosed until she was 45 in 2003.
Joseph, from Preston, is one of the people who has been inspired by the TV personality best known for her stern role on ITV gameshow The Chase as The Governess.
In his letter Joseph wrote: “I think you are very brave for going in the jungle, I couldn’t go there because there are too many bugs.
Joseph explained to her: “Some people are mean to me because I am autistic but watching you makes me see that other people can have autism too and maybe I can have a cool job like you when I am older.”
He tells Anne that he likes to watch her on The Chase and has been watching her on I’m A Celebrity.
Kate shared a heart-warming video of Joseph being told about the reaction to his letter and he gasped in delight when told the creators of Thunderbirds would be sending him a special gift in response after asking Anne if she likes them because he’s a fan.
And during Monday night’s episode she opened up to former EastEnders actress Rita Simons, who discussed living with obsessive compulsive disorder.
I’m A Celebrity 2018: Who is in the jungle?
- Great British Bake Off: Viewers left 'devastated' as Marc is eliminated but in heartfelt note to fans the amateur baker praises the experience as 'crazy, intense and wonderful'
- How Yorkshire Ripper was cossetted at a cost of £10 MILLION: Peter Sutcliffe had celebrity visitors, pottery classes, Valentine's cards and visits from fascinated women - while ballooning to 20 stone on fry-ups... as his victims' families suffered
- ITV winter slate boasts 'new Love Island' as singletons hunker down in log cabin
- Tom Fletcher reveals family trip to the I'm A Celeb castle in Wales as wife Giovanna wanted to 'minimise the time away from the kids' before being 'cut off from the world'
- The power of crowds
- New Directors/New Films Fest To Unspool Dec. 9-20 In Virtual Version
- Election Night Live Blog
- 100 best Netflix series to watch right now
- Will Cologne soon have its own Jewish UNESCO World Heritage Site?
- The Najee Chronicles: Chasing Najee Harris, the nation’s No. 1 recruit
- Hall of Famer Joe Morgan, one of Oakland’s greatest players, dies at 77
- Streaming This Weekend: The Glorias, Scare Me, Death of Me, Vampires Vs. the Bronx
Schoolboy sends heartfelt letter to I'm A Celebrity's Anne Hegerty about autism have 501 words, post on www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk at November 20, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.