Plymouth Argyle fans were fearing the worst as the full-time whistle approached and the score was still at 0-0.
Derek Adams’ men had pushed hard for a goal but often their attempts were blocked by a resilient Stevenage defence.
The League Two side deserve credit for the way they defended but eventually the Pilgrims broke through, the goal coming after 10 minutes of injury time was given.
Graham Carey, who starred for Argyle, managed to get a shot away in the dying minutes and Stevenage goalkeeper Seny Dieng could only parry the effort.
The ball eventually found second half substitute Ruben Lameiras and his effort at goal rolled into the bottom corner.
The celebrations were met by loud cheers from the fans, with one even stating he bust his lip, such was the excitement of the late winner.
Here is what the Green Army had to say:
- The pick of Saturday’s Royal Wedding TV and radio – from Breakfast on BBC1 right through to the FA Cup Final
- Fury after Casualty and All Together Now cancelled last night for FA Cup football after week of telly turmoil
- Daniel Farke disputes Grant Hanley red card decision in City’s 1-0 FA Cup exit to Portsmouth
- EastEnders is cancelled tomorrow for the FA Cup – but fans get an extra episode tonight instead
- Avicii fans celebrate as late DJ wins Best Dance gong at MTV VMAs four months after his tragic death
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals Celebrate Stanley Cup Title With Parade Through Streets of DC
- Latte break! Fans spot coffee cup in Game of Thrones gaffe
- The Latest: Wimbledon fans on World Cup watch for England
- Fox News Panel Takes On ‘Mainstream’ Media’s ‘Frenzied Celebration’ Of Obama Victory
- Late-Night Shows Celebrate Doug Jones Victory, "Black Women Who Saved America"