A fire has ripped through a restaurant in Aberdeen. Police officers and Scottish Fire and Rescue Services raced to Amarone at 257 Union Street on Saturday afternoon. Emergency services are still trying to put out the city centre blaze. Locals are taking to social media to speculate how the fire started. One Facebook user believes the blaze was sparked by a tumble dryer. Shelley Anne wrote: “Amarone. “Tumble dryer fire apparently.” Motorists in the city centre are facing disruption as a result of the inferno. Langstane Place is completely closed off while traffic is building on Union Street. Read More Top news stories today A North East Police Division spokesperson said: “Police Scotland officers are currently dealing with a fire at 257 Union Street, Aberdeen along with Scottish Fire and Rescue. “As result Langstane Place is closed and there is traffic disruption in Union Street. “Signage and diversions are in place.” Scottish Fire and Rescue Service have been contacted for comment.