No one was injured as a result of a dryer fire that caused approximately $10,000 woth a damage at a DeKalb apartment on Friday. According to a news release from the DeKalb Fire Department, the department was called to the 700 block of Regent Drive for a possible dryer fire. Upon arrival, the NIU Police Department advised of smoke in the building, causing an evacuation of the building’s residents. Fire crews located a laundry closet with a washer and dryer on fire, with fire extending into the walls. Crews extinguished the fire, which was contained to the laundry closet, with moderate smoke damage throughout the apartment. The apartment’s occupants were displaced because of the fire. There were no injuries to any residents of the apartment building or to firefighters. Damage is estimated to be $10,000, and the cause of the fire has been ruled to be accidental.