SYCAMORE – Incumbent Doug Johnson won the race for his second term as DeKalb County clerk and recorder on Tuesday. Johnson, a Republican, won the election with 18,502 votes, or about His opponent, Democrat Carolyn Morris, finished with 17,189, or 48 percent of the vote. Johnson said there was a 65 percent voter turnout Tuesday, which is fantastic for a midterm election and shows that both parties came out and pushed this time around. “I’m really happy that voters in DeKalb County took confidence in me for the next four years,” Johnson said. Johnson was appointed in 2013 and won his first full term in office in 2014. This will be his second four-year term. Johnson has said his office has received many complaints about the county website being out of date and that the county currently is working with a firm to launch an updated website. He had said he believes his track record shows he still is capable of effectively running the office and continuing to save the county money while still serving constituents effectively. “With my staff, I plan to continue to do be doing the great job we’ve been doing, representing the people of DeKalb County… Read full this story
- Bill Cowher, Jimmy Johnson elected to Hall of Fame: Here's what the rest of 20-member class could look like
- China-hostile Incumbent Wins Re-election in Taiwan, Vows to Pursue Talks
- Sterling soars against dollar as traders bet on Johnson election win
- Jimmy Johnson elected to Centennial Class of Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Tom Homan responds to Illinois county releasing illegal immigrants with criminal records: 'That's just stupid'
- Jimmy Johnson elected to the Hall of Fame: Aikman, Irvin, and Smith get emotional; Jerry Jones reacts to news
- Election Commission to announce schedule for Delhi assembly election today
- BJP releases list of 15-member election committee for Delhi assembly poll
- Why is the Brecon by-election so important to Boris? | Euronews Answers
- General election 2019: Tories claim big scalps in Wales
DeKalb County: Incumbent Doug Johnson re-elected clerk and recorder have 324 words, post on www.daily-chronicle.com at November 6, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.