UK economy could withstand ‘no-deal’ Brexit, says Philip Hammond published: 01 Oct 2018 views: 35 UK economy could withstand \’no-deal\’ Brexit, says Philip Hammond Philip Hammond also criticises Boris Johnson, saying he does not expect his ex-cabinet colleague to become prime minister. Chancellor Philip Hammond has asserted that the UK economy will be able to withstand a \”no-deal\” Brexit. He told Sky News that Britain had the \”fiscal capacity\” to leave the EU without an exit agreement, saying \”you should never go into any negotiation unless you\’re prepared to walk away.\” However, he added that a no-deal Brexit \”would not be a good outcome\”. It comes as the chancellor launches a Tory fightback on business and the economy with promises to boost apprenticeships and provide more help to small businesses. Four weeks before his next budget on 29 October, the chancellor will pledge to work with business to tackle low wages, job insecurity and spiralling house prices. It also follows Mr Hammond\’s scathing attack on Boris Johnson, who used an interview in the Sunday Times to describe Theresa May\’s Brexit policy as \”deranged\” and \”preposterous\”. Asked by the Daily Mail whether Mr Johnson could become PM, Mr Hammond said \”I… Read full this story
- UK Can Still Strike Brexit Deal and Leave EU by 31 October - Junior Minister
- Aspiring British finance ministers trade blows over future of the economy
- When was Theresa May’s Brexit deal agreed, what does it say and what is the verdict?
- Theresa May hints she will QUIT if MPs don’t back her Brexit deal again next week – as she begs Brussels for three-month delay after 1,000 wasted days
- David Cameron supports Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal and says there is a ‘good chance’ he will succeed as deadline looms
- Boris Johnson makes history as MPs BACK his Brexit deal but they wreck Oct 31 exit as Tusk supports 3 month delay
- Boris vows to make Britain great again! Johnson says the country needs 'self-belief' to get a good Brexit deal amid claims he is 'measuring the curtains' at No10 by holding talks about jobs with Gove and Javid
- Brexit news latest – Theresa May plots joint World Cup bid with Ireland to try and win Dublin’s support for her Brexit deal
- Mark Carney says Boris Johnson's Brexit deal could result in a 'pick-up' in UK economic growth as the Bank of England blames 'darkened' global outlook for downgraded forecasts
- How Boris and his team pulled off eleventh hour Brexit deal before celebrating with scallops and sauerkraut
Brexit deal is best option to protect economy_ says British finance minister have 410 words, post on article.wn.com at November 24, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.