Bette Midler is calling the current “climate crisis” President Trump’s 9/11.
On Monday, the actress-turned-activist tweeted that current natural disasters, like this year’s massive California wildfires, are equivalent to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
“#ClimateCrisis i#TRUMP’s 9-11; he’ll go down in history as a feckless, reckless, witless, loveless, heartless and most important, BRAINLESS President,” Midler tweeted. “Billions’ll be lost because he prefers pollution to blue skies, wildfires to forests & floods to the people he swore to protect.”
Prior to her tweet about 9/11, the star responded to the government’s Fourth National Climate Assessment, which was released last week and detailed the impending damages of climate change.
“OUCH! THE HIT TO YOUR WALLET! SEND THIS ON TO YOUR PRESIDENT…I’M SURE HE HASN’T SEEN IT,” Midler tweeted sharing the link to the Climate Assessment: Chapter 3. “Fourth National Climate Assessment: Figure 3.1: Billion-Dollar Weather and Climate Disaster Events in the United States.”
A few days prior, the actress suggested President Trump’s “hateful rhetoric” was to blame for the stock market drop.
On Nov. 13, Midler tweeted, “YOU ARE CAUSING THE STOCK MARKET BIG HEADACHES!!! YOUR MOOD SWINGS, YOUR LIES, YOUR INCESSANT HATEFUL RHETORIC. READ #GEORGEWASHINGTON’S “RULES OF CIVILITY” YOU IGNORAMUS!!!”
Her tweet was in response to Trump’s prior tweet the day before which read, ”The prospect of Presidential Harassment by the Dems is causing the Stock Market big headaches!”
In another politically charged post, Midler implied that the sometimes dangerous shopping conditions during Black Friday occur because average Americans find the low cost of these items more of a necessity than a benefit.
“And how was YOUR Black Friday? No injuries, I hope! It’s incredible that we have to fight over STUFF,” the star wrote. “If there were a DECENT minimum wage, or if workers were treated fairly, and got a tiny portion of the kinds of salaries and bonuses CEOS pay themselves, we wouldn’t.”
Fox News’ Tyler McCarthy contributed to this report.
- Al Gore to the tech world: Help me fix the climate crisis
- Donald Trump is Being Sued By a Bunch of Little Kids
- Everything's Fine and the Crabs Will Get Huge According to CPAC Climate Panel
- Trump Is Launching a War on Science—These People Are Fighting Back
- Trump’s NOAA Nominee's Climate Views Might Be the Best We Get Out of This Administration
- Experts Aren't Buying Into Trump's Proposed Opioid Plan
- How to Defuse a Conflict Better than Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un
- Reminder: Donald Trump Is a Tremendous Idiot
- Your Guide to Trump's Very White, Very Rich, Very Frightening Cabinet
- Now Would Be a Good Time for a Really Big Protest: Trump Likely to Yank US Out of Paris Climate Accord
- You're Not Imagining It: Trump Really Is Making Us All Stressed As Hell
- The White House's New Approach to Climate Change: Who Gives a Shit?
- The Climate and Energy Stories We'll Be Watching in 2018
- Ivanka Trump's Proposal to Speak Out On Climate Change Makes No Sense in About Five Different Ways
- Among Other Things Trump's Infrastructure Order Will Burn Money
- Sweden Continues to Troll Trump on Climate Change
- Here Are The Biggest Trouble Spots That President Trump Will Face On Day One
- How Do I Raise a Son in the Age of Trump?
- Trump's NASA Pick Says Human-Caused Climate Change Depends 'On a Whole Lot of Factors'
- Latin Americans Take Climate Change Seriously
Bette Midler says the current 'climate crisis' is 'Trump's 9/11' have 601 words, post on www.foxnews.com at November 27, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.