0 Post a comment Friday, 9 November 2018 – Events, NEWS What has now become a Laxey Remembrance Day tradition, the annual minute’s noise, takes place on Sunday, November 11. Scheduled for the slightly later time this year of midday, the invitation extends to anyone with a motorcycling connection, to visit the village’s seafront for the event.Organiser and Laxey resident Bill Snelling said it was an opportunity to remember friends who had ’passed the chequered flag’ by revving their bike (or car) engines for a few moments.’Anyone there at 11am can join us to observe the two minutes’ silence, then at midday, we’ll make a bit of noise for our motocycling mates who are no longer with us.’Bill is hoping for a good turnout to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the Armistice.’With it being the centenary this year, people asked if we could change to the later time so, if they wanted, they could attend a church service first,’ he said.’But the event is open to anyone. If anybody has been out for a trial ride, for example, they might like to drop by on their way home, but it’s not compulsory to be on a motorcycle.’ The Laxey… Read full this story
- This Hero Went on the Greatest Beer Run Ever, Bringing Brews to Friends in Vietnam War
- 'My 3-Year-Old Daughter Loses Her S#it Every 5 Minutes, and That's Normal'
- Why have Americans traveled so well for the Women’s World Cup?
- Free agency, trade priorities for every Pacific Division team
- FMIA Guest: The NFL in a Small Town
- The Rise of the Next Antetokounmpo
- Who Gon' Check the Las Vegas Aces?
- When the Tour de France finishes, the outcome will be familiar
- Working From Home? 11 Ways To Stay Motivated
- Master Marshmallow: 12 handy tips for Android 6.0
A minute's noise to remember friends have 304 words, post on www.iomtoday.co.im at November 8, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.