PUBLISHED: 12:00 10 November 2018
Steve Allen, broadcaster and comedian
We’re filming the latest series of The Mash Report in Pinewood Studios, so now I think I’m up there with Harry Potter and James Bond. My bank manager disagrees.
There’s only one downside. I have to drive there. It’s not the jet set lifestyle I thought this TV lark would be but maybe that’s for the best.
Flying is getting worse. Ryanair has changed its baggage rules so that now we have to pay extra to take a suitcase with us.
Look on the plus side, at least you’ll never have your holiday ruined when the airline loses your luggage.
Luggage is now an optional extra. What are we meant to do, only go on holiday to nudest beaches? Not every destination has a nudest beach.
Although every beach is a nudest beach if you really try.
Maybe this is why British tourists have a reputation for drinking loads and not wearing much – we don’t have the luggage space for clothes.
And that’s why we drink; you have to do something to keep warm now you can’t take a coat.
You can still take a handbag with you but that will have your passport, foreign currency and mobile phone to film other racist Ryanair passengers, so you won’t have a lot of room left.
They say they’re doing it to reduce delays but if small suitcases cause delays why not ban them? Why charge for them? Surely taking money off someone causes more of a delay.
It’s the way budget airlines are going, charging for things you would have expected. It won’t be long till you get on a flight and hear the safety announcement say, “In the event of a sudden loss of pressure oxygen masks will drop down from the compartment above you. Just put a coin in the slot and oxygen will flow.”
- Glasgow Uber, McDonald's and Deliveroo workers to strike today over pay
- Poroshenko sure Russia will soon pay under Stockholm Arbitration decision
- The end of tenancy deposits? Renters might soon pay non-refundable monthly fee instead
- What’s the weather looking like today and for the rest of the week?
- Tapper: History will one day come looking for today's GOP
- Pilots don oxygen masks and make emergency landing when durian stinks out plane
- Update: Irish Defence Forces veterans and families march over pay and conditions
- RUC officer’s brother pays tribute as UK remembers police lost in line of duty
- Big Brother’s Tomasz Wania given OXYGEN MACHINE to cure severe snoring problem
- Grenfell firefighters’ breathing masks had too little oxygen, inquiry hears