Eighties electric synth pop and bright lights dazzled the auditorium as Joanne Clifton did her hometown of Grimsby exceedingly proud, with an outstanding lead performance in the stage adaption of the popular 1983 film Flashdance. The entire cast lit up the stage with their rousing vocal performances, flawlessly choreographed dances and an infectiously positive feel good vibe. From boiler suits, to leather and metal studs, leopard print, leotards and dayglo sweatbands – this musical has it all! Clifton portrays Alex Owens – a welder in a male-dominated Pittsburgh steel mill by day and a club dancer by night, whose true heart’s desire is to become a professional dancer at the prestigious Shipley Dance Academy; a dream that seems just out of her reach. Colin Kiyani plays Nick Hurley, heir to the steel mill fortune, he’s in a different class but is immediately drawn to Alex and a sweet romance blossoms despite him being her boss. The natural on stage chemistry between Kiyani and Clifton makes for a really engaging performance right from the start and you can really feel their passion and connection throughout. Hollie-Ann Lowe gave an exceptional performance as Alex’s friend and fellow dancer Gloria, with a heart-warming… Read full this story
- Strictly Come Dancing's Joanne Clifton quits for Flashdance role as three new female dancers join the 2017 line-up
- Strictly's Kevin Clifton introduces girlfriend Stacey Dooley to family – see the sweet picture
- Kevin Clifton EXCLUSIVE: Star blows a kiss to new girlfriend Stacey Dooley during Burn The Floor show as he discusses 'tumultuous personal life'
- Kevin Clifton admits some celebrities have an advantage on Strictly - details
- Stacey Dooley shares a laugh with Strictly beau Kevin Clifton on lunch date after his touching on-stage tribute
- Robyn Lawley wows in angel wings for all-inclusive lingerie campaign alongside Hayley Hasselhoff... after boycotting Victoria's Secret show for their failure to use plus-size models
- Downton Abbey's Joanne Froggatt oozes sex appeal as she leads Brits at Golden Globes in dangerously low neckline
- Jay McGuiness wows the judges in week three of Strictly Come Dancing
- Kevin Clifton is totally unrecognisable – see his dramatic new look!
- Strictly champion Kevin Clifton breaks his silence as he thanks Anneka Rice for dancing with 'her heart' amid claims he felt 'humiliated' by early exit
What a Feeling! Joanne Clifton wows Grimsby in Flashdance have 377 words, post on www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk at October 17, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.