Participants cut the ribbon at the inauguration ceremony. Photo: Thuy Giang
Prof. Tran Binh Giang, director of Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital, said that at his hospital and other surgical hospitals in Vietnam, surgeries to transplant bones, blood vessels, heart valves and veins are highly demanded.
However, Vietnam has only two tissue preservation and research laboratories at Hanoi Medical University (in Hanoi) and Pham Ngoc Thach Medical University (in Ho Chi Minh City), but no real tissue bank has been established to carry out professional treatment for patients, Giang added.
From this urgent demand, since 2016, Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital has started to train professional staff as well as to prepare the best infrastructure to establish a standard tissue bank. To date, the tissue bank of Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital officially came into being, Giang stressed.
The Ministry of Public Security has donated VND5 billion (US$217,000) to equip the tissue bank. Photo: Gia Phong
He noted that the bank is tasked with collecting, preserving, storing, and supplying tissues for medical and research establishments, as well as partnering with foreign individuals and organizations for health check-ups and treatment.
The Ministry of Public Security has donated VND5 billion (US$217,000) to equip the tissue bank with six specialized organ storage containers.
On this occasion, Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital opened the at-on-demand treatment facility to meet the demand for high-quality health services of the people. The hospital receives nearly 500 patients on request on average per day.
- Mum's life-saving neck surgery cancelled after bank blocked 'unusual payment'
- Mum's lifesaving op cancelled after bank issue fraud alert as she tried to pay
- South Bank man describes his 13 nights spent in Thai jail
- Santa delivers gifts from our generous Sun readers to sick kids in hospital across Britain
- 90 Day Fiancé's Ashley Martson returns home after being hospitalized
- Readers share their treasured memories of the great man Gordon Banks
- Gordon Banks: The fateful car crash which ended a glittering career
- Banking on Italian restaurant opening
- Food bank hit by second theft in a month
- Plan to turn Belfast Ulster Bank branch into restaurants
- Plan to turn former Belfast Ulster Bank into restaurants
- Israeli army kills Palestinian in West Bank clashes
- Stoke announce that World Cup winner Gordon Banks has died aged 81
- Gordon Banks: The steelworker's son who became a World Cup winner and goalkeeping inspiration
- Little girl who 'came back from the brink' enjoys xmas before open heart surgery
- The world-famous buildings that cost the same (or were cheaper) to build than the new National Children's Hospital
- Life after Lotto: Big winner opens up
- Vietnam man allegedly uses ex-wife’s frozen embryo to impregnate girlfriend
- Bid to get prem baby home from Vietnam
- Briton missing in Vietnam 'was in debt'
Vietnam's first tissue bank opened at top hospital have 480 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at October 16, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.